Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Rating, do I get back pay?

Rate this question

lmoore1436

Question

So after waiting an entire year, two of my four claimed disabilities went through, and they gave me a rating of 40%. The other two conditions went back to gathering of evidence, but I'm curious if I will get back-pay for the 40% as of now since I have already waited an entire year. Has anybody else gone through this or know anything about it? I've been reading very conflicting information.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You're lucky they told you what it was for. Many of us have been victims of 'bait and switch' C&P exams.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I have had two after rated SC C&P's.  Both were for scars related to the original claims, acne and warts.  SC'd for all four at 0%.

Now if I die from acne, my wife can get DIC.......

Hamslice 

The VA is requesting a rating for scars in certain cases, even though it wasnt claimed.

Edited by Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone! I got a call today from a medical center saying that they scheduled me for a c/p appointment but it was for a condition that they have already rated... So now I'm wondering what's up with that haha

It's "at least as likely as not" that the C&P was called for by the rater, (CYA), but there already was enough info to rate, and a production quota is involved.

The question really is should you take a copy of the existing rating with you to the C&P, particularly if  you think that the rating is low.

Scars - - I believe that fallout from the Nehmer A.O. review as well as other factors resulted in more consideration related to scars.

Not a few Nehmer veterans have extensive surgical scars (about 3 feet in length) that were not considered or rated properly in the past.

Evidently those veterans that were rated at 100% (IHD,etc.) were considered to be properly rated without including the scars. Then there was a change

that reduced the minimum scar % from 10% to 0% to just add more confusion.

Edited by Chuck75