Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Requests No Longer Needed

Rate this question

SecondChance

Question

Hi everyone! I have been going to the VA doc for a while now, almost a year, about my back and they told me to put in a claim for my back. So I did. So I am now in the Prep for Decision phase. Here are my questions:

Why haven't I had a C/P exam. I thought that was standard?

WHat does this mean:

Request 2, Due date: Not Available Status: No longer Needed, VSR Review.

What is a VSR Review. I have tried Googling, and looking at other forum posts and I am just confused. What was it that they think they dont need.

I am just very nervous bc my doc told me to put in the claim but they haven't done a C/P exam. I also submitted the claim in July 15. So if I am already in prep for decision, it is going really fast. Smells like a denial. Any advice would be much appreciated.

The only letters I have recieved from the VA were the first initian letter saying they recieved my claim and another one stating that they are still working on it. I have sent them everything I have about everything I claimed. The records were at the VA and I told them which one. Thanks for all the help. I know ebenefits it not always accurate, but I was just hoping this one time, something would go according to standard. I guess if they deny it, I will just move on. I dont have the mental energy to fight the VA for years.

There are three different types of VSRs:

1. The Veterans Service Representative
  2. The Supervising Veterans Service Representative
  3. The Rating Veterans Service Representative

If your claim is waiting under VSR Review, it might mean your claim is in one of these three channels. Afterwards, a decision will be made and they will notify you.

This is from the VSR review page at https://heroanswers.org/119/what-is-a-vsr-review for more information.