Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Requests No Longer Needed

Rate this question

SecondChance

Question

Hi everyone! I have been going to the VA doc for a while now, almost a year, about my back and they told me to put in a claim for my back. So I did. So I am now in the Prep for Decision phase. Here are my questions:

Why haven't I had a C/P exam. I thought that was standard?

WHat does this mean:

Request 2, Due date: Not Available Status: No longer Needed, VSR Review.

What is a VSR Review. I have tried Googling, and looking at other forum posts and I am just confused. What was it that they think they dont need.

I am just very nervous bc my doc told me to put in the claim but they haven't done a C/P exam. I also submitted the claim in July 15. So if I am already in prep for decision, it is going really fast. Smells like a denial. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Always remember .....

"EBENEFITS STATUS IS NOT ACCURATE"

When we look at ebenefits we see those nice status boxes going from left to right and expect it to be like a production line..

1) design widget 2) ready factory 3) make first run 4) fix issues 5) next run 6) full production and sales

Its not like that.  the status is determined by who has it and how they have checked it in. 

The process works like this the VSR (Veterans Service Representative) is the guy who gathers your evidence, gets in teh VA system to pull medical records relevant to your claim and schedules C&P exams.  Once they feel they have "everything" needed to get your claim rated they send it into the long line awaiting adjudication by a RVSR (Rating Veteran Service Representative).

So when you are in the "Gathering Evidence" phase you are in the VSR line, when you get to "Prep for decision" that means the VSR has sent it to the VSR for review and rating.  However if the RVSR wants more info or it was sent to them without a C&P and they want a C&P done they send it back to the VSR and he/she schedules that and it goes back to gathering evidence phase. 

The status has more to do with WHO HAS IT and not HOW CLOSE AM I TO BEING DONE.  As far as VSR Review i am not sure, maybe the claim came to the RVSR not in the correct form, or was not complete etc and was sent back to the VSR to 'review' it and put the papers in the proper order. who knows. 

This is also why i print off all my VA medical records i want to make sure get reviewed by the RVSR.  I  know my medical records and what exam took place and when relating to my claim better than anyone.  This is why i print them and submit them with my claim.  I dont want to rely on a GS employee at the VA to gather my evidence, its my claim not theirs and at the end of it all the buck stops with us.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes you don't need a C&P if the medical evidence is strong and from a Qualified Dr.

If your Back keeps you from working  you could get TDIU P&T  if the VA does there part right.

If your Diagnoses warrants  you unable to work then  you need to make sure this is Service Connected   That the problem with your Back now is due to your prior military service and qualified Dr needs to state  it is  likely as not caused by your prior military service  to be Service Connected...

you could get a rating from 10% to 100% depends on how bad your disability is.  and remember they rate on your symptoms.

if a injury or disease that's been caused by your prior military service then its Service Connectable and Rateable

jmo

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

but what is a VSR Review? That is the thing I am so confused about. 

veteran service rep.It could mean they are still working your claim & what ever else need to be

done with it to make a decision. Nothing to get upset about 

Is the back injury fully documented in your SMRs?

Have you received any letters at all ( such as a 5103 form) from the VA requesting more evidence?