VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva tdui awarded and 1 remand. Retro pay when?

Rate this topic

gpound187

Bva letter stated tdui approved on August 5.. 1 issue remand that's unrelated.    They scdeuled me a c&p exam for remanded issue.  I know of the training letter stating that my award and retro are too be given ASAP.  That the remand is separate.     I heard different stories on how the Ro will clump everything together illegally and send it back too bva?   I spoke with my congressman and he going too send a inquiry soon.     Who can I speak too or send a letter too too find out where my retro is?

Edited by gpound187

You are right gpound. It is VA Fast Letter 10-02.

I was denied access to the pdf for that letter here but got it from YUKU VBN:

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/37711/VA-FAST-LETTER-VA-RULE-CHANGE#.VhpBnit7y-d

If you search our Fast Letters here ,the actual letter should pop up and might open for you.

This Fast Letter was issued in 2010 because VAROs were NOT addressing partial BVA grants on a remand and, the veteran had only a 120 day window to file a CAVC case.. this statement is in the Fast Letter:

"It was determined that some regional offices (ROs) were delaying implementation of these BVA partial grants until expiration of the 120-day period within which a veteran may appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC). Delayed implementation of favorable BVA decisions is inconsistent with the Department's long standing pro-veteran position and unnecessarily delays payment of benefits to the claimant."

Some veterans here have sent this letter to their RO or via IRIS ,in order to get their retro expedited.

It took my local RO eleven(11) months to process my BVA grant for service connection.  So I would say that you may be looking at six (6) months to a year.  I hope I am wrong.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use