Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Insights?

Rate this question

green

Question

A little background -

Started a FDC for 8 contentions the beginning of December last year.  I have dealt with these secondary conditions for years but waited until I had my primary disability rating of 60%  in place for 20 yrs due to being rated using old criteria and the newer criteria would rate me at 40%.

• Informed the VA through NOD that the date of my primary rating was wrong on eBenefits and submitted the original rating decision paperwork
  • Submitted the FDC mid July (provided packages for each contention with data going back over 10 years including VA medical records)
  • Had C&P exams in August (all turned out favorable and the examiner agreed that they were > 50% likelihood tied to my service connected disability.
  • Watched the status ping-pong around eBenefits

My claim has been in Pending Notification for most of the last week.  I called Peggy today and was told that on the 31st the claims folks had requested information from the Alaska RO.  Keep in mind I haven't lived in AK for 13+ years but that is where my primary disability was increased from 20% to 60% 21 years ago.

I have absolutely no idea why they would be requesting information from Alaska that goes back that far, any thoughts?

Green

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure if this helps, but it could depend on the type of claim you are filing.

Some VAMC's store medical imaging records locally and separate from regular medical records.

Maybe they are CUE-ing themselves or seeing how far back the records show each of the secondary conditions.

Keep in mind that you are talking about the VA. Often things they do don't make any sense - to anyone.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

A little background -

Started a FDC for 8 contentions the beginning of December last year.  I have dealt with these secondary conditions for years but waited until I had my primary disability rating of 60%  in place for 20 yrs due to being rated using old criteria and the newer criteria would rate me at 40%.

• Informed the VA through NOD that the date of my primary rating was wrong on eBenefits and submitted the original rating decision paperwork
  • Submitted the FDC mid July (provided packages for each contention with data going back over 10 years including VA medical records)
  • Had C&P exams in August (all turned out favorable and the examiner agreed that they were > 50% likelihood tied to my service connected disability.
  • Watched the status ping-pong around eBenefits

My claim has been in Pending Notification for most of the last week.  I called Peggy today and was told that on the 31st the claims folks had requested information from the Alaska RO.  Keep in mind I haven't lived in AK for 13+ years but that is where my primary disability was increased from 20% to 60% 21 years ago.

I have absolutely no idea why they would be requesting information from Alaska that goes back that far, any thoughts?

Yeah a lot of times they just go through you whole record to try and deny your claim, see if you EVER said anything or an doc ever said ANYTHING they could use to deny you.  I was in the Alaska VARO for awhile and i found ALOT of my records are not in blue button and perhaps not in the digital VAMC system.  I have had a records request into the Alaska VAMC since....June, no word back in August so i sent another letter, and now im getting ready to send angry letter to director of RO for Alaska.   In which i will quote VHA Handbook 1605.1 subpar 35.d

EDITED:  Started a new thread to cover this... http://community.hadit.com/topic/64694-what-if-the-va-doesnt-send-you-medical-records/

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints