VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

c&p exam for schizophrina

Rate this question

hawke

Question

i have been diagnosed by the va and a private doctor with schizophrina, i have applied for compensation, the problem is that it is now 19 years after i was discharged.  I did goto sick call back in 1992 and complained about hearing voices but was told by the doctor that i could just be faking to get out of the military, i reported to sick call a second time in 1994, and the doctors acted like they didnt want to see me. i was diagnosed with schizophrina in 2003 7 years after i had been discharged what is the odds that my c&p exam will go good. (fyi my va doctor told me that i should apply for compensation, is this a good thing?)

2 answers to this question

The criteria for service connection is the Caluza Triangle, of current diagnosis, in service event or aggravation, and nexus, or link between the two. 

Note: "Time since military service" or which Sports teams you follow is NOT one of the criteria. 

It sounds like you have a diagnosis (part of triangle).  This means you need an "in service event or aggravation" and a "nexus".  If you have an "in service event or aggravation", then it boils down to nexus.  Has (or will) a doctor say to the effect
"your schizophrenia is at least as likely as not due to xxx event in military service". 

ONce you meet the criteria "of the triangle" you meet the criteria.  You need not worry about meeting non criteria, AS LONG AS YOU ROOT FOR THE BRONCOS.  Patriots fans should be denied regardless as they dont meet the criteria of Von Miller, Brock Osweiler, and John Elway.   The point is stick to the criteria, if you have or can acquire the evidence then go to the game and root for Brock Osweiler.    As long as Brock keeps winning, it does not matter how long its been since military service. 

Edited by broncovet