Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

T-bird --- Now My Id Is Messed Up

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

Edited by RockyA1911

• HadIt.com Elder
Nope! Just a E-8, there are no officers. As far as being a bell hop for the Navy, I'll have you know I was a Gunnery Sergeant and I out rank everything and don't forget it puke!!!! A USMC Gunnery Sergeant is about the rank equivelant in the Army of Major General, Navy - Rear Admiral. The only one that out ranks a Gunney is GOD!!!!!!, in the Marine Corps that is anyway!!!

Does this mean the Marine Corp Commandant doesn't realize he's out ranked? last time I looked a 100% E1 makes the same as a 100% E9

• In Memoriam

It is my mantra, that "Veterans Are United". Anything else (Division), seems to be generated by the VA.

A commonality is necessary as we stand alone and yet together.

• Founder

the rank has been explained. i'm sorry if you find it confusing or useless.

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

• HadIt.com Elder
Nope! Just a E-8, there are no officers. As far as being a bell hop for the Navy, I'll have you know I was a Gunnery Sergeant and I out rank everything and don't forget it puke!!!! A USMC Gunnery Sergeant is about the rank equivelant in the Army of Major General, Navy - Rear Admiral. The only one that out ranks a Gunney is GOD!!!!!!, in the Marine Corps that is anyway!!!

I just had to do it So does that make you the Head Bell Hop? Or is that Saint Peters Job

• HadIt.com Elder

YUP!

The United States Marine Corps IS a Department of the US Navy!

The MENS Department!