Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does 100% P&T Rating = TDIU

Rate this question

Big Country

Question

3 minutes ago, pete992 said:

Only a person rated 100% shcedular can legally be employed. The P & T is just extra benefits for veterans and their dependents. If a veteran files a claim for IU and is still working making over the limit of SGA (Substantial Gainful Activity) the claim will be denied.  If the veteran is making less than the SGA the veteran claim maybe granted but it also may be denied.  If a veteran continues to draw IU and work at the same time, he/she run the risk of being re evaluated and a reduced rating is possible. I may be off but I think the SGA for 2016 is around $1090.00 a month or around $13, 080.00 a year.

The 100% rating can not be for a sole mental health issue.

Gotcha. I'm currently employed. As you know, things that you may be rated for can become worse. I was curious if you apply for IU, is it best to have left your job before applying for IU? Thanks for the great response!

1 minute ago, SecurityForces03 said:

Gotcha. I'm currently employed. As you know, things that you may be rated for can become worse. I was curious if you apply for IU, is it best to have left your job before applying for IU? Thanks for the great response!

It really depends on what your treating doctor say about your medical condition. I was told to quit my government job by my VA doctor and I continued to work for about a year and a half until my service connected conditions got so bad that I had to quit. I ended up being rated at 100% schedular where I can legally work but due to my conditions it is not possible for me to do that.

58 minutes ago, pete992 said:

It really depends on what your treating doctor say about your medical condition. I was told to quit my government job by my VA doctor and I continued to work for about a year and a half until my service connected conditions got so bad that I had to quit. I ended up being rated at 100% schedular where I can legally work but due to my conditions it is not possible for me to do that.

That's where I'm at. Government employee, but my conditions are getting worse. My current VA clinic doctor said I should be rated at 100% PTSD without a doubt. I'm holding off because I'm not sure if financially, it would be a good decision.

58 minutes ago, pete992 said:

That's where I'm at. Government employee, but my conditions are getting worse. My current VA clinic doctor said I should be rated at 100% PTSD without a doubt. I'm holding off because I'm not sure if financially, it would be a good decision.

47 minutes ago, SecurityForces03 said:

You should look into disability retirement with your government HRO (Human Resource Office).  You can also look into filing for SSDI.  If you stop working due to a disability, you can get SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and VA at the same time.