Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA started new claim after appeal filed?

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I was rated 0% for Restless Leg Syndrome from Exposure during Gulf War.  I appealed the 0% rating, and now ebenefits is showing my appeal AND a new claim for Restless Leg Syndrome, that I did not file.  Does anyone know why they would open a new case on my behalf?  

I'm just wondering if they opened a new claim with new date because they plan on raising it?  Is that a possibility why they did that?  They could have just denied it without a new claim, correct?

With out a letter or official documentation all we can do is speculate. I know this process is very stressful, but you just need to try to relax and see what happens.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Deciding it is hard to say and I wouldn't just take my word for it. 

Personally I don't go through VSO's, bad experience.  So I went at this pro se with the grand help of many of our great folks here on Hadit.  It's not easy by no means. 

The VA will try everything and anything to confuse the issue.  Look up the pertaining regs and see what applies to your case. The eCFR and the VBM manual are your allies along with the experience of folks who have been at it for years. Evidence is King that is no lie. 

JMO

I wanted to add even some attorneys are not always looking out for your best interest.  It's $.  So there are folks that are just looking out for themselves and it is unfortunately cut throat environment.  Not enough coin involved, you will sometimes get dropped. Not a big enough piece of the pie, then dumped.

I adore this site and the Veterans that share the information on here. Good folks still giving to the team.  Between that and the eCFRS I have learned a few things.  Stick to your guns and weapons.  eCFRS, evidence, regulations,USC, laws and so forth. Those will stand the test of time, those won't bail on you. Those won't leave you behind. Much like this website motto.

"LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND, NOT ON A DESERT TRAIL, NOT ON A JUNGLE TRAIL, NOT ON A PAPER TRAIL"

The fight will always be on.

JMO

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

I agree....and will keep fighting.  Just sucks that the ones who are supposed to have our backs, don't.  Everyone on this site that has given their insight and help is great and much appreciated!