VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Appeal? Now what?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

This morning, ebenefits was pending decision dispatch. Now it says this:

12/17/2015Remanded AppealYour appeal has been sent back for further development by the Board to the Appeals Management Center or to the office that made the original decision on your case.

Does anyone know what this entails? Is this bad? Any info would be appreciated.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

When they remand a claim, it usually means they need to request additional information, request a C&P, etc... It would depend on the situation though. For example, if you were denied and they never did a C&P, they might have been ordered to get one scheduled, etc...

I would not view this as bad

1. Denial is bad.  (This is NOT a denial)
  2. Remand is good.
  3. Approval is good

Vync nailed it though.

The hard part is waiting to find out exactly what it is.  The BVA provides the AMC or VARO with instructions as to what steps to take.  In some cases the BVA tells the RO to revisit the claim with emphasis on one facet or another, in pursuit of "service connection".

When they remand a claim, it usually means they need to request additional information, request a C&P, etc... It would depend on the situation though. For example, if you were denied and they never did a C&P, they might have been ordered to get one scheduled, etc...

I would not view this as bad

I had several C&P regarding a hydrocelectomy, chronic epidimytis, and ED problems. With all C&P exams, all were in my favor. I've had several of these done from 2009 when I filled my original claim, until recently in 2015 when I was continuing to have debilitating pain.

I was originally rated at 0%, but had asked for an increase in the Appeal. 

I feel pretty bummed. Does it go to AMC or does it go back to the RO?

1. Denial is bad.  (This is NOT a denial)
  2. Remand is good.
  3. Approval is good

Vync nailed it though.

The hard part is waiting to find out exactly what it is.  The BVA provides the AMC or VARO with instructions as to what steps to take.  In some cases the BVA tells the RO to revisit the claim with emphasis on one facet or another, in pursuit of "service connection".

Ok. I appreciate it.

The original RO rated me at 0& for SC on testicle issues. I had filled for an increase. Is it better that it goes to the VARO or AMC? For time purposes and chances of "winning" ?

I don't know the odds of winning at AMC vs VARO.  The AMC is the "RO" for the BVA, located in Washington, D.C.  It handles all administrative tasks, such as scheduling C&Ps, acquiring additional documentation, etc.  When AMC is done with it's work on your file, it is 'usually' sent back to the BVA for a decision.  If it goes to the RO, it is for mistakes that the RO made.  The RO can then make a new decision.  I don't think the AMC will actual make a decision.

Having said that, I have heard that the AMC is a rat-hole, in that you really can't get a status or any information from them.  I'm currently at the AMC for "a probative analysis", where the due date was 12/5, yet nothing has been returned yet.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If it has been a really long time (greater than a year) since you had a C&P exam, they might remand it back for a new one to get a current status.

Like TexasMarine stated, until you hear from them, there's really no idea of what is actually going on.