Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Progress Ebennies!! Hmmm..

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi everyone,

Filled a claim for some gulf war related issues about 4 months ago.

My claim sat in the "under review" section for 3 months. Today, I see "prep for decision". 

Having been a long time fighter with the VA, this is the first time I have not been to a C&P exam. I'm a bit confused. Am I jumping to conclusion thinking it was all denied?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Edited by SecurityForces03
Prep for decision

From what I was told, some Gulf War related issues fall under that "presumptive" term, and as long as it's documented in Military Medical records, I don't think a C&P is needed.  Now don't quote me, that's just what I was told.  I am also a Gulf War Vet.  Good luck with your claim!  Let us know how it turns out.

From what I was told, some Gulf War related issues fall under that "presumptive" term, and as long as it's documented in Military Medical records, I don't think a C&P is needed.  Now don't quote me, that's just what I was told.  I am also a Gulf War Vet.  Good luck with your claim!  Let us know how it turns out.

sure. I agree that most of this stuff that I filed for would be presumptive. I do find t strange that it sat under review the whole time, with no evidence request.

I will let everyone know what happens. Some of the stuff I filed for was IBS, Hemmoroids, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc. I was a bit surprised that no C&P was afforded to me.

Well, I hope you get a rating and not denied with no C&P.  Seems a little strange, but who knows with the VA.  I was once told that I submitted too much evidence.

same here. I rather send too much than not enough info.

I don't think it would be fair to rate someone without a C&P exam.

Hell no it's not fair.  But, keep your fingers crossed, maybe you will get some good news soon!

I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed, praying, and carrying around a 4 leaf clover. I'm pretty bummed, I really thought I'd have an appointment by now. 

Maybe someone else on here as been awarded without a C&P