Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Progress Ebennies!! Hmmm..

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi everyone,

Filled a claim for some gulf war related issues about 4 months ago.

My claim sat in the "under review" section for 3 months. Today, I see "prep for decision". 

Having been a long time fighter with the VA, this is the first time I have not been to a C&P exam. I'm a bit confused. Am I jumping to conclusion thinking it was all denied?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Edited by SecurityForces03
Prep for decision

bcandprn check out that info I referenced earlier.  I'm not advocating for any particular firm, however, I think the outcome of these cases will set new bar of requirements that the VA cannot avoid.  

For so long the VA has danced around in service diagnosis but never addressed symptoms in service or after service.  The VA also has the bad habit of saying silent for complaints in SMR's but connect other illness that relate to the same exposure.  Can cause thyroid problems but not IBS, or can cause GERD but not Sleep apnea.  Those are just some of the examples of things that I have run into in my claims.

Gulf War Registry and Burn Pit Registry will help in the long run.  My two cents is just to be vigilant and get medical attention when needed just in case.  Hopefully you won't have many issues but those registries are a means to CYA.

Thank you.  I found the list and we were at BIAP, Speicher, Victory, Liberty, Stryker, and Butler Range.  I was with a combat engineer unit who built Butler Range, so we spent lots of time there.  I am going to read more into it tomorrow and follow your suggestions.  Many of the soldiers I deployed with have varying degrees of the symptoms you listed and many are annotated in my SMR's in addition to my civilian medical records.  

Edited by bcnandprn

Good to hear.  Good luck. Ask questions on here,  folks on here have a strong will to help.

Thank you.  I found the list and we were at BIAP, Speicher, Victory, Liberty, Stryker, and Butler Range.  I was with a combat engineer unit who built Butler Range, so we spent lots of time there.  I am going to read more into it tomorrow and follow your suggestions.  Many of the soldiers I deployed with have varying degrees of the symptoms you listed and many are annotated in my SMR's in addition to my civilian medical records.  

Victory and Liberty, I remember those. That was when General P was head honcho. Maybe?