Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Coaches?

Rate this question

CHerv08

Question

Hey Everyone,

This may be something that has been discussed before, but I tried to do my due diligence and research with no avail. Therefore, I come to the community I know will have the resources to help me get the info I am looking for.

So recently I was talking with my VSO and I wanted to check the status of my claim. It had been in the ever wonderful "gathering evidence" phase for sometime now and I like to check now and then whats going on. Her response was interesting to me - she stated that my claim was moved to a specific individual who is a Team Coach (I believe at the Regional Office) and is handling the action.

So I was wondering - what really happens? What is the process for the claim from the inside of the VA? Are their really teams that work these claims together? I guess it's just my way of trying to figure out this strange system.

Thanks Guys!

-C

Coaches are just team supervisors/team leaders.  Their opinion of your claim and or evidence could go either way. It can take as long as it did for your claim to continue to move on as long as it took to get to their desk/office.  Remember depending on the number of people in their team and their experience there is more than your file/claim waiting for the coach to review.  Not to be a downer just letting you know the facts.

• HadIt.com Elder

Some RO's the claims are drafted out if their workload is flooded, this takes longer for the claim to be decided as they ship the claim & c-file to that particular RO, Then they decide the claim and ship everything back to your original RO...And when they get good and ready they might call you or send you a letter...or put it on ebenefits.

from my experience anyway from what other veterans have mention.

.................Buck