Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request Past Due. Not a Noob here...

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker. Long time VA fighter. Had a quick question.

One of my claims is in the evidence phase. I've been to the two requested C&P appointments. Those were supposed to be due and submitted to the VA on Dec 2, 2015. 

Now, it's just says past due, which it's been like that for over a month. Anyone have any idea or comments to what may be going on? Thanks!

SecurityForces03,

One of my current claims also has a past due notice attached to it, but there aren't any docs requested.

Just more of the same ol' thang!  VA screwing with Vets to mess them up!

Andyman

1 minute ago, Andyman73 said:

SecurityForces03,

One of my current claims also has a past due notice attached to it, but there aren't any docs requested.

Just more of the same ol' thang!  VA screwing with Vets to mess them up!

Andyman

The DOCS that were requested were the doctor appointments that I had months ago. Man, does it take over a month to update ebenefits. Maybe they're still reviewing evidence.

My current claims have been sitting at prep for decision since the week before Thanksgiving.  The past due notice was put on a few days ago. 

My most recent C&P was Nov. 3rd.  I also had 2 on Oct. 30th.

Some of the smarter Vets on here say not to get too wrapped up on the current status being shown on ebennies, but it's so hard to resist.  Especially since we're all waiting for life changing, life improving results.

Yah, their reviewing evidence alright, through their closed eyes!

My last 3 FDCs were over due, or sat at the Prep for Decision for Months. In my case it was usually a good thing, as VA would either Reconsider the C&P Exam Doc Info, and look over it again, or Granted me a Couple Conditions that I did not even know or ask for.  After Multiple FDCs and 30 C&Ps in the last 2 years, believe me I know the Craziness that you are experiencing. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

14 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

My current claims have been sitting at prep for decision since the week before Thanksgiving.  The past due notice was put on a few days ago. 

My most recent C&P was Nov. 3rd.  I also had 2 on Oct. 30th.

Some of the smarter Vets on here say not to get too wrapped up on the current status being shown on ebennies, but it's so hard to resist.  Especially since we're all waiting for life changing, life improving results.

Yah, their reviewing evidence alright, through their closed eyes!

Haha. Our claims sound identical. My wife's claim has been in prep for decision at about the same time yours was. I figured they'd try and clear it before the new year, which was stupid on my part.

I know ebenefits is like a lottery. I play it everyday in hopes that I'll win. Haha. I also have an appeal pending too. So it's like double the excitement. My wife says not to look everyday, but it's so hard to resist. 

I feel that they sit around with darts and a flow chart and decide what claim to work on and what evidence is important.

9 minutes ago, Navy04 said:

My last 3 FDCs were over due, or sat at the Prep for Decision for Months. In my case it was usually a good thing, as VA would either Reconsider the C&P Exam Doc Info, and look over it again, or Granted me a Couple Conditions that I did not even know or ask for.  After Multiple FDCs and 30 C&Ps in the last 2 years, believe me I know the Craziness that you are experiencing. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thank you for he well wishes! I've had some of your similar experiences as well! Prep for decision has taken two weeks before, and now it's been over a month on this one. Not too sure but nothing is ever consistent or appears to be standardized. I'll try and keep everyone updated in the battles we all face.