Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request Past Due. Not a Noob here...

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker. Long time VA fighter. Had a quick question.

One of my claims is in the evidence phase. I've been to the two requested C&P appointments. Those were supposed to be due and submitted to the VA on Dec 2, 2015. 

Now, it's just says past due, which it's been like that for over a month. Anyone have any idea or comments to what may be going on? Thanks!

Makes me wonder which has better odds of winning, Powerball or VA disability claims???

Getting SC for conditions you didn't even claim is better than winning the lottery, since you have to buy tickets to win that.  I have read on here about other Vets who got SC for claims they didn't even file.  How do I get some of that action?  Probably doesn't help me that my VARO is Philly!

Getting an SC for something you didn't file for? That only happens if a Rate-able Primary or Secondary issue, that you didn't file for, is DX'd during the  original Claims Evidence gathering Phase or during a VA "Diary Dated" SC Review. If your under 55, Re-Exam C&P's of your current SC's, are to be expected.

Your 80%, so your not an FNG, how long did you walk around with a SC Rate-able condition before you filed the claim?

Had it not been for your actual filing of your 1st claim, no one from the VA Rating Dept would be looking at your Med file, right. At 80%, you might be IU, ever filed for it?

Not unusual for a VA Rater to indicate on an Award Letter, that an "Inferred IU Claim," is pending and the Vet never actually applied for it. The Rater saw something in the Claims file that indicates a possible Scheduler IU Award. It may have been the Vet had the (1) SC at 60% or (1) @ 40 with 2 more to 70% SC. Then there is always the possibility of a Rater Referring a Vet's claim to the Comp Director for a possible Extra-Scheduler Award.

I lost 2 yrs+ of Retro due to procrastination and lack of knowledge, hasn't happened since.

Semper Fi

4 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

Makes me wonder which has better odds of winning, Powerball or VA disability claims???

Getting SC for conditions you didn't even claim is better than winning the lottery, since you have to buy tickets to win that.  I have read on here about other Vets who got SC for claims they didn't even file.  How do I get some of that action?  Probably doesn't help me that my VARO is Philly!

I've heard some crazy stuff about that VARO but San Diego is just about terrible. I hate to say it, but im sure my file just got moved to the dungeons of the VARO.

3 hours ago, Gastone said:

Getting an SC for something you didn't file for? That only happens if a Rate-able Primary or Secondary issue, that you didn't file for, is DX'd during the  original Claims Evidence gathering Phase or during a VA "Diary Dated" SC Review. If your under 55, Re-Exam C&P's of your current SC's, are to be expected.

Your 80%, so your not an FNG, how long did you walk around with a SC Rate-able condition before you filed the claim?

Had it not been for your actual filing of your 1st claim, no one from the VA Rating Dept would be looking at your Med file, right. At 80%, you might be IU, ever filed for it?

Not unusual for a VA Rater to indicate on an Award Letter, that an "Inferred IU Claim," is pending and the Vet never actually applied for it. The Rater saw something in the Claims file that indicates a possible Scheduler IU Award. It may have been the Vet had the (1) SC at 60% or (1) @ 40 with 2 more to 70% SC. Then there is always the possibility of a Rater Referring a Vet's claim to the Comp Director for a possible Extra-Scheduler Award.

I lost 2 yrs+ of Retro due to procrastination and lack of knowledge, hasn't happened since.

Semper Fi

I got an inferred IU and then they denied me. Most likely because I was working. Argh.

And you NOD'd the IU Denial, right?

Your working, employer making any accommodations for you, might you be earning marginal income when compared to non disabled vet doing the same sort of work in the community which you reside? Might want to check in with the VA Voc Rehab people to see what they say, regarding your SC affect on your employ-ability.

Semper Fi

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

And you NOD'd the IU Denial, right?

Your working, employer making any accommodations for you, might you be earning marginal income when compared to non disabled vet doing the same sort of work in the community which you reside? Might want to check in with the VA Voc Rehab people to see what they say, regarding your SC affect on your employ-ability.

Semper Fi

I did not file a NOD, at this point. I'm a federal employee, making "good" money. I'll PM you the rest!

Edited by SecurityForces03