Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

rwskitch

Question

….24Dec16, I submitted 2 'incident' questions with IRIS concerning my 2 claims presently at the St. Pete VARO for status, presently, no reply back to me since then!!!  So this morning...

…I went to plan 'B' and

…I would like to bring everyone up to speed with what was said after I used the ph.# provided by Vync, for a Vet to inquire on the status of their claim which has been stuck in 'limbo' somewhere within the VA's  claim process, with the Office of Communication and Case Mgmt. in Washington, Thank You, Vync…!

…Anyway I spoke with 'Joe,' whom cordially informed me, "that from what I see on my screen, is that there's two claims with the St. Petersburg VARO, the 1st  is the 'Remand,' which shows 'ready to work' - ready to be reviewed and ready for the final actions and everything for them to work it… that particular case," then I ask Joe "Like ready to rate…," Joe responded-"Yes."

…Joe then states, "The other one," - the one that's my NOD for Hep C at the same RO waiting for a DRO hearing/DeNovo Review, "is the same," Joe continues, "they're just waiting for that…I could talk to St. Pete and try to move them along to the 'next stage' see'n that since these are old and haven't been moved or touched for a couple months…a little over a month and a half, they should try to at least try to move them along to the next stage. I'm going to call and talk to them today about this and then we can see if we can get this moved along on the process for you…"

"..or they, they normally get back to us in 5 days, and they also try to call you within the next 5 - 7 business days, they should try to call and let you know 'where' everything is…" So...

…Now to plan 'C.'

…I'll should do a follow-up with IRIS and submit the 2 incidents for an update of the initial request of an update on my two active claims and get some kind of reply on 'paper' for my files sake…! I'm just try'n to figure out what the 'next stage' of the process is…

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm glad you were able to get some insight using the 202 number. If you don't hear back within a couple of weeks, try calling the 202 number again. It took about three or four tries total of back and forth for them to help with my cobweb collecting claim. You might get an answer to your IRIS request before then, however I would not anticipate learning any new information from it.

Hey rwskitch

Great to hear your fighting them..St Pete is one of the worst in the Country....I've been fighting them for along time.they just don't move there claims...and when they do, they lowball most forcing Vets to appeal....One thing I have learned first hand is Do Not go to room 222 for help!!!!! Each person will tell you something different and mess up your claim....they really have no ideal what their doing...speaks volumes about the upper management....God help us all at St Pete!!!!

I dont know how long your claim has been "in Limbo" but it may be time to kick it up a notch.  Some of the next steps are to step on toes:

1.  Email Bob McDonald.  Be precise, and not long winded.  For example, "My claim, which I started in 2008, seems to be in a permanent "glitch" stage, where I get conflicting reports from different people.  Isn't it true that Allison Hickey indicated all claims need to be completed in one or 2 years?  What can be done to get this moving again?"  

2.  File a writ of mandamus at CAVC if the delays are egregious.  

Edited by broncovet