Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about C&P.....Review of Evidence

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I have 3 claims in.  2 new, and 1 increase.  Last Friday, it went into Prep for Decision, then Saturday, went back to Review of Evidence.  Talked to Peggy, and she said it was because new evidence was submitted, which it was.  She also said that it looks like they may want another C&P, which is good, but she didn't say for sure if they would do one.  My question is, do I call THEM and schedule a C&P, or do they have to contact me?  It says on the website, "to schedule a C&P Exam, call 1-800-Peggy."  

ALso, if the increase goes through, do I get backpay from date of original rating, or date that I filed increase?  And has anyone ever been rated for Persistant Daytime Hypersomnolence?

They normally schedule C&P exams for you, then you get a letter in the mail telling you to show up.

Make sure your Addy is up to date in EBenfits so you don't miss the letter.

The Original claim date is the effective date, or the date the you did the notice on EBenefits.  You would get an E Mail from then saying you started the claim, this would be the effective date.  For increase, you would submit the claim, the date would be within 1 year of the time you put the claim in, if you documented the info in the claim when the condition worsened.  You would need to appeal the original effective date or that rating decision to get back pay to the original award date.

Edited by pwrslm

1 minute ago, DevilDog12 said:

No, I don't.  Can you explain please?

Okay log on to Ebennies>>>>Manage Benefits>>>>Health Care>>>>VA Exam Appointments Calendar>>>LOOK at screen shot I provided (Click the link View Appointment Requests)>>>Then if you have an appointment you will see something like what I have now apparently LOL...Glad I looked...

Let me know if it worked DevilDog!!!

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.23.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.23.42 AM.png