Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam happen to fast?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my C&P exam letter in the mail  1-14-16 and it was schedule for 1-23-16  I went to it and the examiner mention she had went over my records and viewed them,

Ok now that the exam is over..what happens?  

because I was not fully prepared for my exam I still had not received my C-file and some STR's  from NPRC St Louis,I requested and correction on my DD-214 I requested 7 months ago from Arlington Virginia , I mention this to the examiner but she made light of it.... eh!

Now do I just wait and see what the decision is?   and should I call about my records & C-file  ask what the hold up is? I checked on my C-file about two months ago and they said it was only waiting for the last signature and I should receive it anytime....nothing since then.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

...............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

same here the VA has been moving quickly compared to what Im use to. MY QTC exams have been very brief and straight to the point. It seems to me Doctors are treating these appointments just like they treat normal visits kind of an in and out attitude.

30 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I went to turn in my travel voucher  10-3542 QTC sent in with there instructions for my C&P ...today I went to my VAMC travel office and the gitl said they don't pay travel pay to a veteran if its contracted out from these companies   she said if I had it here then yes  but since it was contracted out...I need to call the 1-800 number on the paper they sent me (QTC) That number was the VA Health Care system  and that guy said to take it to my VAMC Travel office  make sure I sign it...I told him what that girl said  and he said I was misinformed...so guess I'll take it back and drop it in the voucher box...which I should done in the first place   its hard to argue with these people  if you raise your voice or tell them you /they don't understand   they call the VA Police on ya and make you leave the premises....eh!!

Wasted day at the VA

..........Buck

So far all three of the clinics I have visited took my vouchers and faxed them to a number provided by VES. All I do is sign and date them. Obviously, QTC has a different arrangement. Maybe the lady at the VA is not informed of the process/ new to the position.

I think everyone is more wary of mass shooting situations these days, and on top of that, a lot of people believe that PTSD makes everyone who has it violent. I really hate that!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I agree with you pumibel,

My C&P was through QTC Lockheed/Martin from California

QTC Has it in there instructions to take the  travel voucher form to my VAMC  it says that on the paper I got from QTC .

The girl at the VA says NO...So now I have a call into the QTC Office in california  to a Marina Martinez ...I can pretty well figure what she will say..''I was misinformed  for me to take it to my VAMC  &..I don't mind doing that  but making a second trip  grrr its 24 miles one way   that's not to bad  & the QTC C&P Exam was 46 miles away one way

I will call that girl back tomorrow from QTC and see what she says do?

I tried to argue with that VA Girl today  me and another veteran  but we notice the VA Police was looking at us  so we just left...I left before I got pissed off  and in trouble.

........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck, I am sorry that you had to go through that. I tried to reply to your post yesterday but for some reason it would not take. I dont think it could hurt to call and check on your cfile again, especially since they told you it could be any time now. I find it odd that they told you to turn in your travel voucher at the vamc, since the docs at my exams usually faxed them in, but they must be doing things differently now. If they tell you to go back to the vamc, complain(politely as possible) that you are making an extra trip due to wrong info given you by an employee, something similar happened to my father and they (gasp!) actually gave him twenty dollars extra for fuel, they had canceled an exam and rescheduled without notifying him. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I am sure its just a mix up  but I did what I was told to do...so today I'll call california and see what they say?,,my QTC said for me to take it to my VAMC After they date stamped it so that's what I did..I still don't know what to heck to do.

I think the QTC use to get you to sign the travel pay voucher and then fax it in  but I guess they changed that?