Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Already had C&P exams but claim form 526 never filed

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Hey guys I think I have a unique problem I def need help with. Here goes..I had a claim for Gulf War Syndrome non specific. The claim included gerd , svt and afib for my heart and joint problems with my left foot that was broken in service on duty. I was sent for the c and p exams . I have a copy of all of them and they all found in my favor. I recieved the big envelope and they awarded me 10percent for gerd and made no mention of the other claims at all. I called the 800 number and and was told the 526 form ? Was never filed for the other two claims. So i have now filed them and uploaded the copies of the c and p exams results and al letter explaining what had happened originally. I look on ebenefits today and see that they want proof of my earliest records of Gulf War Syndrome. My question is what the hell do I send them? I am already 70percent for PTSD and 10 for gerd. They have the results of c and p in my favor and all records from my time in the USMC to present doctors attatched . Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Mike, I know its aggravating as he!!, but I would take your str's, or VA/private medical treatments that show ANY gulf war symptoms, HIGHLIGHT the symptoms and maybe attach a statement in support of claim listing date of treatment/doctor/symptoms, and send it in asap, even though they already have it. Make it as easy for them as possible. Good Luck, and please keep us updated.

Mike, your very welcome. I had to send in copies of the exact same evidence multiple times, I noticed when I highlight the important issues I want to make sure they read, it works. Also sending a list with date of treatment(left column), doctors name(middle column), symptoms(right column) will make it even simpler for them to award. I would also put location where treatment took place next to docs name for example, Dr.xxx/Fayetteville, NC VAMC. I hope this helps and you receive a speedy grant, please keep us updated. I wish you the best of luck!

Tdubya82 I got awarded GERD for going to medical while I was in for heartburn and reflux back in 1990. Then have seen my own doctors for it since i got out in 93. This included gastro reports of upper gi and endoscopy. So it was from time in service to now. But I think the hook was that I filed the claim for it under Gulf War non specific . Gastro problems is now listed as one of the symtoms along with heart and many others. I too was denied once years ago for it. I am located in NY near the city downstate. 

Oh and Flores97 it took all night , part of today and a trip to Staples Store but I made up a list and attached all I had to it. Attached it to ebenefits and sent it out a little while ago. I know they have everything I sent but now they dont have to look for it.