Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reply from VA

Rate this question

jetdoc3037

Question

Received word today on my new claim with the VA....seems I must have checked SAH and since I didn't submit a 26-4555 the claim will not be a FDC now, but will be standard claim...I must have been crossed eyed and I didn't see or mean to do this in my claim, is it to late to say, 'never mind'? and if I can will my claim got back to a FDC?

Also I claimed exposure to the contaminated drinking water at Lejeune....It then stated my personnel records show I was at New River, and plz submit evidence of service at Lejeune....I submitted some papework that stated being stationed at New River was also considered as being part of the Lejeune problem...did I misread or was I freaken plain wrong?

I never said it wasn't solid advise bud...infact I informed you that I called "Peggy" so that would lead one to think the advise was taken, yes? I am guilty of asking the question on a few forums, yes, and I explained as such. Its not like you suggested "Peggy" and I blew it off...so again, thanks and my question was answered by your SOLID advise....not sure what else I can do for you bud, if you were closer I'd buy you a beer or something, lol

Perhaps, emotions and things can get lost when typing words on a screen. You can still be a bud if you're a lady, lol....I do appreciate your help and i am not being a smarty pants or anything.

Edited by jetdoc3037

"He also said about the drinking water, yes as far as he understands, New River is covered in the LeJeune situation.....I found some more supporting docs stating such, so he said to fax that in as well, and explain it again."

Wow that is news to me....can you share what other docs you have to support that on New River?

All I have is this one from ATSDR and something newer might have come out.:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/sites/lejeune/faq_water.html

"Below is information on the housing areas on base and which water systems provided their water:

• Tarawa Terrace - served by Tarawa Terrace drinking water system
  • Knox Trailer Park - served by Tarawa Terrace and Montford Point/Camp Johnson drinking water systems
  • Berkeley Manor, Midway Park, Paradise point - Prior to June 1972, served by Hadnot Point drinking water system
  • Berkeley Manor, Midway Park, Paradise Point, Watkins Village -  from June 1972 onward, served by Holcomb Boulevard drinking water system, except for occasional periods during dry spring/summer months when supplemental water came from Hadnot Point, and a two-week period in January-February l985 when the Holcomb Boulevard system was down for repairs and Hadnot Point water supplied these units
  • Hospital Point - served by Hadnot Point drinking water system
  • Barracks/Most Bachelor's quarters - served by Hadnot Point drinking water system
  • Courthouse Bay, New River, Camp Geiger, Camp Johnson, Rifle Range - served by drinking water systems not contaminated with solvents."

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.