Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DFAS Audit and VA Retro Pay

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I recently received a lower back disability rating increase from 20 - 40% (Aug 2013 to Aug 2015). As a result, I went from 90% to 100% P&T.  I received a copy of the DFAS Audit and it only indicated VA Retro Pay for Sep 2015 ($1,180) and Oct 2015 ($1,182) for a total of $2,360.  Is that correct? What should my RETRO Pay increase be?

Best Regards

ChiefHouse

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

My back pay came in 3 parts over 3 months.  I don't know if that is normal, but that is how mine worked out recently.  Possibly you are getting partial payments as well, though one of mine was for dependents on an initial claim. It may be a bogus, outdated audit requirement for CDRP slowing things down.  Good luck!

Greetings TALON II FE,

I'm very thankful to get my 100% P&T rating but would like to know the status on my RETRO pay. The VA got the DFAS Audit Report on 7 Jan 2016 but I haven't received a RETRO payment yet.  Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Still haven't received the Award Letter from 07/15 Award. All award info on E-Ben 01/03/16, no idea when updated, very seldom check it. I did receive a Reto Deposit mid 01/16, presumably for 7 mos of SMC S (1). New Comp amount hit with the 02/16 deposit.

Have you received your actual Award Letter?

Semper Fi

Greetings GASTONE

I received my award letter on 13 Nov 2015 and copy of the DFAS Audit [which I requested] but haven't receive any RETRO Pay yet.  My lower back rating increased from 20% to 40% which resulted in my 100% P&T rating, but the DFAS Audit only calculated VA Retro for two months, the difference between 90% to 100%.  Shouldn't there be more? Capture5.MHT  Part 7.MHT

Best Regards

It was a little over two months from when I received my audit confirmation from DFAS until I received my CDRP back pay.  I received my non-CDRP back pay right away (that was my initial notification, essentially) and then my dependent back pay came maybe 2-3 weeks later. Hope this helps.

Edited by TALON II FE

Greetings

Based on the DFAS Audit, it only assess Retro from Aug 2015 to Oct 2015 versus Aug 2013 to Aug 2015 when my rating increased from 20% to 40% which took me to 100% P&T.  Since this was an Appeal action, maybe the VA will include that 24 month period in my Retro Pay...I just don't know what will happen.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse