Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EBENNIES WRONG OR RIGHT:

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

IT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE HERE ON THIS SITE THAT I HAVE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EBENEFITS WEBSITE. ANSWERS FOR SOME REASON HAVE NEVER BEEN UP-FRONT. FOR WHAT I SEE. EBENNIES IS A WASTE OF GOVERNMENT FUNDING AND A WASTE OF VETERANS TIME. THOUGH, KNOW ONE WANTS TO SAY IT.; SIMPLE TRUTH IS THAT ITS NOT WORKING IN ANYONES FAVOR SO IM GOING TO EMAIL SOMEONE WHO MIGHT SHUT DOWN EBENNIES AND I HOPE YOU ALL AGREE THAT SHUT IT DOWN UNTILL ITS ALL FIXED IS THE BEST APPROACH SO WE CAN HAVE ANOTHER THING TO EXPRESS ABOUT

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Paul,
As far as claim and appeal status, ebennies definitely bites. It is only as good as the person behind the scenes who is supposed to keep the status fields up to date. Mine did not change until well after my claim was closed, but that was not long after ebennies debuted and I attribute that to a training issue. However, some folks here have said they see very frequent changes to their claim/appeal status. I consider them lucky enough to have someone working their claims who cares enough to keep the status current.

There are some advantages of ebennies. Probably the best one I have encountered is dependency claims. Submitting on paper takes forever, but ebennies is a whole lot faster.

I actually use the letter generator a lot, especially when it comes time to renew my car tags and they ask for yet another "recent" printout showing my current combined rating %.

Also, if you upload documentation, you know they got it and can print a screenshot to prove it.

I don't want to sound like I am apologizing for the VA's problems with that site, but I am 100% behind you regarding letting someone with authority know the problems you are having with specific features of ebennies. I know the VA really needs to work on some sections of the site.