Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What happens and what does one need to watch out for at a VA Vocational Assessment for TDIU?

Rate this question

Guest ScareCrow

Question

Guest ScareCrow

Hello,

What happens and what does one need to watch out for at a VA Vocational Assessment for TDIU, since we all know that the VA wants us to fail when applying for TDIU?

Thank you

Guest ScareCrow

Is anyone familiar with the VA Vocational Assessment for TDIU and how it works and what is expected and what we need to watch out for as it just looks like a way for the VA to deny TDIU?

i got my IU approved in 4 month and was unaware of a vocational assessment. yes, they suggested i reapply for voc rehab (got turned down the first time) but the orth doc who did my c&p exam said i was unable to work.

• HadIt.com Elder

If your admitted to VA Voc Rehab to be retrained

That's a good thing, once your there they will give you test and look at what disability you have and how bad it is  if it keeps you from working or not?

IF IT DOES

usually your voc rehab counselor will write you a letter if he finds you unemployable due to your sc disabilities.

The letter is very important EVIDENCE in getting approved for IU.

If you have not been working or can't work  any type of work including smedry work   then check with the SSA and get your last shown work records  & submit them as evidence also 

I assume you are SC?

Then see a Dr and ask if he will write you a letter detailing your disability and why it keeps you from working  including he mention or opin  his assessment that its likely as not due from his military service.

TDIU is one of the hardest claims to prove if you have both legs both arms and all fingers and toes.

you need to have good medical evidence from MD's Stating why you can't work due to your SC Disability

The VA Re Hab letter confirms this  that you seek out help from the VA and your still not able to find employment because of your SC Disabilities 

MORE MEDICAL EVIDENCE THE BETTER AND STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY& FRIENDS TO STATE THEY BEEN AROUND YOU AND CAN VISUALLY SEE YOUR DISABILITY.

JMO

........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

With my experiences, I have never gone or been to the vocational office.  I cancelled my appointment at the voc rehab office when I was laid up at the hospital with ITP.  Called and cancelled the appointment several months went by and I later I was approved for a years of training.  However, this last claim submission got me IU without a voc rehab blessing.  My situation is a little different because I am retired through DOD but it shows it is possible to do without a voc rehab assessment.  

However, in stating the above, Buck is right on the money.  Showing you made the attempt for retraining or rehab is solid evidence.  Having a doc stating the your injuries, rather, service connected injuries and illness hinder or prevent work is a nice slap in the face to help your case for IU.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Guest ScareCrow
37 minutes ago, ArNG11 said:

With my experiences, I have never gone or been to the vocational office.  I cancelled my appointment at the voc rehab office when I was laid up at the hospital with ITP.  Called and cancelled the appointment several months went by and I later I was approved for a years of training.  However, this last claim submission got me IU without a voc rehab blessing.  My situation is a little different because I am retired through DOD but it shows it is possible to do without a voc rehab assessment.  

However, in stating the above, Buck is right on the money.  Showing you made the attempt for retraining or rehab is solid evidence.  Having a doc stating the your injuries, rather, service connected injuries and illness hinder or prevent work is a nice slap in the face to help your case for IU.

Okay great, thanks for that info and congrats on the TDIU.

I have several Dr docs that support my claim including a history that shows that I havent worked in years as well. So hopefully GOD willing I might be granted TDIU soon as we are struggling at the moment without it.....

It would have been much easier to have just had a career in something, this situation really sucks as its just a heartbreak to not be able to fix the situation and be stuck in this category, but I will move ahead and defeat the dragon.....