Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU P&T and Dental Care

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

Know vet that just received TDIU P&T paid at 100% rate, but is actually 80% scheduler.  Is he authorized dental care by the VA?  I know 100% scheduler is as I am but not sure about TDIU P&T veterans.

4 hours ago, bassrunnin said:

How do I find out more about this? Do I contact my local VA medical facility?

I'd start with my PCP for referral or go to the closes VAMC dental clinic.  I still believe a VA Form 10-10ez will need to be filled out.  JMO

Yeah, I looked at veterans award letter and it states right in it he is authorized VA dental care. And he is already enrolled in VA healthcare as a priority one and all he did was call the VAMC and asked for the Dental Department.  He gave them his name and last four SSN and asked for an initial 1st time appointment.  The gave him an appointment for April 22nd.  He needs a need bridge and they will take care of that too in subsequent appointments. He did not need to go through the PCP at all.  The receptionist looked him up in the data base and that was it.  As MPsgt stated you need to be enrolled in VA health care and fill out the VA Form 10-10 ez if you haven't previously enrolled so you can get enrolled.

I am 90% and 100% TDUI. I stopped at my Dental Dept. desk while there for another appointment. They set me up within 3 weeks for a 1st exam with full panoramic xrays, Next exam was 2 weeks later to get an upper impression for a night guard. One week later, the device was complete and they gave it to me after examining it's fit. So yes, the Dental works just fine! Next month I have a teeth cleaning. Just had to ask once!

1 hour ago, Djdan48 said:

I am 90% and 100% TDUI. I stopped at my Dental Dept. desk while there for another appointment. They set me up within 3 weeks for a 1st exam with full panoramic xrays, Next exam was 2 weeks later to get an upper impression for a night guard. One week later, the device was complete and they gave it to me after examining it's fit. So yes, the Dental works just fine! Next month I have a teeth cleaning. Just had to ask once!

Great! Thanks for sharing.

On 3/23/2016 at 4:45 PM, bassrunnin said:

How do I find out more about this? Do I contact my local VA medical facility?

You have to be rated 100% schedular, TDIU, rated for a dental condition, have your primary care doctor say that it is needed for health reasons (that one can get dicey) or be in Voc. Rehab and have your counselor send in the need in to the dental clinic for you to be seen. 

I have had an large amount of dental work done through VA dental, root canals, crowns, cleanings and I am currently in the process of having 3 implants done.  If you can convince them to consider implants instead of a bridge it is worth it, well it is to me.  I am only 44 and I didn't want to have a bridge or partial.  The process for implants takes about a year from start to finish but the results are pretty great!