Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bilateral plantar fascitis

Rate this question

sauerkraut1977

Question

Hi guys got a good one for you. I am awaiting my C&P for Bilateral plantar fasciitis any day now I hope. Estimated time till claim completion  is 4-1-16 to 06-15-16. I have this well documented in my military medical records while in the service and I am currently going to the VA hospital and getting treatment for this. Two weeks ago I had shots in both feet and I have another issue with my toe that required 3 shots in the joint today and going back to decided on surgery for a bone spur surgery and they are talking about fusing the toe. So since I have this mysterious toe issue that both of the podiatrists are scratching their heads about I don't know how I could add this to my pending claim. I do know I want to stall on the surgeries until after I get a rating I hope, So from what I have seen with this issue and ratings I could be rated at either at 0%, 10%,30% or 50% for this anybody have any experience with  this issue and gone through a C&P and have any advice??? Thanks for any help!!!

Edited by sauerkraut1977
turn on notification

I would say your around 50% or so. During the C&P I was asked about various methods I used to ease the pain etc., which none of them worked like rolling your feet over a can or ball. I also have molded inserts for my shoes from the VA and the space boots is what I like to call them (keep foot immobilized).  I took everything the VA gave me into my C&P and explained to the examiner how they don't work for me and how my pain is everyday dam near every step. I haven't had surgery or injections. I'm at 50% with the bilateral factor. Once you have surgery it will put you at a temp 100% for the time your on convalescent leave, which is the key, so I really don't see it slowing your claim down it just depends on the RO your dealing with.

I am 30% bilateral, pes cavus w/plantar fasciitis bilateral.  The claw foot(pes cavus) leads to plantar fascittis pain, and so on.  If you look at the rating charts, they have a pretty descriptive breakdown.   Smooth says 50%, so you can almost bank on the 30% for sure.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have to do a mri on my toe next week. Having a hard time getting something for the pain because both feet hurt all day everyday and the poditrist says i am taking to many nsaids so trying to get into the pain clinic.. And all the Stretching and ice does no do anything. What do i need to get to take with me into my c&p exam so they know i am receiving VA treatments and where do i get it?. I have request my c-file and that is going to take forever. I just want to be prepaired. I am hopong for the 50% bit i will take another 30. It is getting to the point i just want relief from the everyday pain. Inhave to fight the VA hospital for other things and it is getting old and to me i get the imptession they think we are just chaseing money which at this point i really do not care about. Thanks again for all the help and i look forward to any further help i can get so i i can have my shit together for this upcomming exam which i hope is soon. Been waitng since early december. Take care my brothers! 

Hey guys have an update. Had my exam this morning at the VA and was in there for 20 minutes. I was not asked hardly any questions and did not even preform a physical exam.. He went through my records and told me i will be service connect for bilateral plantar fascitis and also for bone spurs. So are we thinking a 30 or 50 rating for this???? The toe problem is ongoing and he said it is not service connect because he thinks its an infection. Will his results be on myhealth vet so i can see his noted to get an better idea of what to expect?? Thanks fir any replies and look forward to more feedback

Edited by sauerkraut1977
correct errors

Although it is great to have the C&P examiner opine in your favor, they don't rate you or make the ultimate decision.

If it was a VA Dr. or NP, the records will show up on my heal the vet under the notes section within a few days (sometimes takes a couple weeks).

Best wishes for you.

Green

Thanks for the info. I saw my poditrist right after my exam and he was able to pull up the results. I am checking myhealth vet like crazy so i can see his notes. The poditrist said the report said bilateral and it being service connected so hoping for 50%. They low balled me on my ptsd and gave me 30% so i am in the appeal wait world. Thanks everyone for all the info and help!!!