Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Docket Search

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I was wondering if it's possible to find your docket if you have a number but they haven't reached a decision yet? I have tried the CAVC and the BVA website to search either past decisions or the docket search tab. Happy Easter to all!!!

If a decision has not been reached you will not be able to find your docket.  Decisions are usually posted 45 days after they have been decided.

51 minutes ago, toddt said:

If a decision has not been reached you will not be able to find your docket.  Decisions are usually posted 45 days after they have been decided.

If there was an advance on my docket would that count as a decision on my docket that was decided Feb. 10 2016. I guess today was 45 days but doubt it would show that quick.

Edited by jfrei

Advancement on the docket means that you have been put in front of other claimants, it does not mean that a decision has been made.    As noted on the BVA's Decision search site:  http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

" Decisions are loaded monthly, usually within 45 days after the end of each month. "

2 hours ago, toddt said:

Advancement on the docket means that you have been put in front of other claimants, it does not mean that a decision has been made.    As noted on the BVA's Decision search site:  http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

" Decisions are loaded monthly, usually within 45 days after the end of each month. "

I meant the decision on the motion to advance in the docket granted by the vice deputy chairman which was 45 days ago. I know I am awaiting a VLJ to be assigned my appeal but my anxiety is keeping me up for this Easter weekend. I had a talk on Wednesday with the status bva line and spoke with case management who just then decided to fix a computer glitch that was saying waiting to schedule hearing. I was like I had my hearing Already and my docket has been advanced she said your appeal Will now be placed on the awaiting to be assigned a VLJ. If I hadn't called and had them fix this I'd still be told awaiting a central office hearing. Does anyone know how long I might have to wait to be assigned a judge and a decision if I have this advance on my appeal? Apparently it's only been awaiting 2 days even though this advance has been on for 45days so angry they couldn't fix their shit my obessive compulsion is killing me with their bullshit.

I had my hearing in jan2016. My docket number is early 2014. My attorney said 6 to 8 months for a decision. This makes sense if you search their decisions. You will see some docket dates from 2014 that where not Advanced. Plus I personally called bva and was told they are in fact up to 2014 docket dates. I don't get it when folks say once bva has received your appeal you're looking at 3 years. Heck it takes the varo 3 years to send it to bva. So from what bva told me. And from looking at their decisions my guess would be if your date is from 2015 I would say you're looking at mid to late 2017. Without being Advanced

7 hours ago, Drillserg63 said:

I had my hearing in jan2016. My docket number is early 2014. My attorney said 6 to 8 months for a decision. This makes sense if you search their decisions. You will see some docket dates from 2014 that where not Advanced. Plus I personally called bva and was told they are in fact up to 2014 docket dates. I don't get it when folks say once bva has received your appeal you're looking at 3 years. Heck it takes the varo 3 years to send it to bva. So from what bva told me. And from looking at their decisions my guess would be if your date is from 2015 I would say you're looking at mid to late 2017. Without being Advanced

My docket was advanced in February 10 2016.