VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contacted My Local Varo

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I contcated my local VARO in regards to 2 appeals (I requested a DRO review) and 1 claim for AA. On Nov 13th they informed me that the appeals and claim are now with a ratings officer. I contacted them this morning and now they are telling me it went to DRO for ratings on November 23rd.

I am unclear as to why it was at a ratings officver when I requested a DRO review and added a great deal of additonal edivence. Any thoughts? Thank you and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Maybe they had all the information they needed to decide your claim after you turned in the additional evidence. I know when I signed a paper to appeal my claim they called me and told me that they would look at it again rather than have me do that. If your already 100 percent it seems it wouldnt take much to determine your claim. I never thought about it but, maybe if your 100 percent they look at it quicker.

Good Luck

and I hope you get it approved.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bound

The DRO makes the rating decision. I don't know what BS the VA is trying to feed you but maybe they did not even send it to the DRO. These lying %^^^%$$ will tell you anything. The DRO is part of the appeals process and he/she makes that decision on your claim. They can reverse a denial or increase an award.

Bound if you have multiple claims the Rating Officer may have the folder. All claims are kept together.

Your decision is not too far away. I felt the same way Terry Did about the DRO but I found out some stuff I did not Know. I actually won all benefits requested.

Guest rickb54

Bound,

Hang in there... I have won 3 claims on De Novo review, all took less than a year. I understand the flustration Terry has had, but thankfully the VA does do some things right. As for a straight Appeal to the BVA.. avoid it if you can I have one claim on appeal at the BVA since 2004. It took me 18 months to win another on appeal at the COVA. DE Novo appeals generally take less time too decide. It sounds like you decision could be ready before christmas....

Best of Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

You are close to an answer lets all hoppe it is one that you want. Unlike Terry I don't think your chances get better at the BVA.I think the best place is with a DRO at the VARO.