Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA now says claims needs Cfile

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

My VSO contacted me today when claim for temp 100 on SC TKR went back to gathering of evidence (WTH) he said my claim was ready to approve but that my original determination for the 10% increase was not in Cfile electronically and that Isacc who is a rater trainer is trying to expedite the request for the Cfile.

He also said once that is received it will be approved.

i read online that can 6months? Will it really take that long for the VA to obtain that?

i was original at 30% at discharge then downgraded to 0%, and like posted before the VA reviewed my records and determined me at 10% in 2014 without an exam or me requesting that at all!!! 

Will that be in my cfile?

thanks in advance for help

Edited by mtmorical

• HadIt.com Elder

It had better be! But, if the VA itself cannot find the "C" file, you have some real problems. I hope that you have a copy, or enough records in your possession to rebuild what you can if all else fails. A long standing problem (years, decades) is that there is often no practical way to force the VA to actually do what it is required to do.  That's why you hear  Congress and many others harp about "accountability". A scary part of the VA's records digitization process is a real chance that existing physical records will be lost, damaged, or just vanish.

Edited by Chuck75

I can see in historical claims where they made the increase so they must have that information as well?

will the VA be able to obtain these records faster than I can? My understanding is if I request them that will delay my claim further?

i know many vets have had longer standing claims, and I am not unsympathetic to that, just my claim affects my family. 

I got my C-file by emailing my local congressman!!!!  I had an upcoming NOD and a pending FDC.  I needed the C-file ASAP and I had been trying for over 1-1/2 years!  When I emailed my congressman, his office stepped in and I got my C-file 3 days before my NOD!

My FDC just finished last week and I got my 100% temporary evaluation for 4 months and SMC housebound.  I remained at 10% for my left ankle as well and most likely will stay there.  I was NWB for months because of my break and surgery.

How long were you "out of commission" for the TKR?  It took me three months to get my FDC claim done.....

Right now I am going on 5 months and seem to be having major ROM issues, the doc has me in a brace and potentially may need another surgery. Had my FDC in since Dec 26th, and I was at notification until today.

i know it will take me about 3-4 months but I'm wondering if the VA has faster channels or am I looking at that taking 3-4 months too

You might have to wait until you are completely off the doctor's radar regarding your TKR recovery.  What has the doctor provided you to indicate how long you need for recovery?  The doctor's notes are crucial to the 100% temporary evaluation and even after that, you may warrant another C&P exam to re-evaluate you regarding your current rating.  

In your original post you indicated prior to surgery you were 30% and now 0%?  The VA already dropped your S/C rating??? This is not making since....please elaborate...

thanks

Doc indicated at least a year to full recovery. They would do CP prior to docs suggestion of a year?

i was 30 when discharged then dropped to 0, then in 2012 the VA started reviewing my file and increased me to 10, no exam, no claim request by me, they just increased it from 0 to 10.

i know after the one year mark I will be evaluated to determine rating at that time.

i should of been higher than 10, but didn't need to bother with the VA until my knee completely went to shit, hence the TKR and request for temp 100.

now he need Cfile for temp 100 request, just trying to figure out how long it will take the actually VA to get it.