Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help/irentroduce Myself

Rate this question

ladypoetry85

Question

Does anyone have any info on P3 profiles/compensation? I had a P3 profile for arthritis of my left anke due to a service connect accident where my leg and anke was broken. I also was diagnosed and treated for lupus while in the military. My profile read as follows : Left ankle arthritis, arthrits. No bending, stooping,crawling,jumping,running(may sub required 2 mile run with walking 1 1/2 mile in 23 minutes for PT test.), No prolong standing (over 2 hrs, without a 45 min. break.) This profile was issued in 1983. My record is full of respraining, and complications from my ankle. I was granted 10% when I was medically retired in 1988. Over the years my ankle and lupus has gotten worse. I must use a cane, walker, and electric wheelchair to get around. I filed a claim for worsing of condition mmost rencently, (2003). My case is on appeal. Iwas briefly awarded 100% for ptsd, severe depression, anxiety, unemployability, I received 100% for 2 years(July2004-Jan.2oo6. When I appealed some other issues and the effective date, the CUE'd me and reduced me back to 60%. I have requested assistance with locating military and medical records, but they refuse to comply with their duty to assist! When I requested a formal hearing I told the hearing officer that I was still waiting for records from the VA, I could not defend myself in the hearing because they refused to provide me with the records from my last C&P. I went to the hearing anyway and told the hearing officer what happened and they reduced me anyway. I have both of the VA manuels and I know them regs better than most so...I was in voc rehab 3 times. I have had 6 VR counslors since 1988 when I was medically retired. I was placed on independant living in or about 2004. My last scores were 35/40. My case is solid. T-bird,/ole timers crew, you guys helped me in 1997 to get in voc rehab again... My old handle was sistasoldier/sistavet.

I sure could use some help.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you applied for unemployabiliity benefits since you are 60%? You appealed some effective date issues and the VA CUE'ed you and reduced you from 100%? That sounds wrong on the face of it. What was their basis for reducing you? Were they saying you were able to work etc?

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome back help is on the way. You should still stay on them about getting copies of your C&P and ask for a statement of the case.