Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denial of Social Security

Rate this question

Mr. Vic

Question

Hello everyone from Germany,

I am  80% Service Connected/ 100% TDIU Veteran.  I was awarded my TDIU back in December 2015.  I had applied for my Social Security prior to this VA decision and fortunately I was able to submit my award VA letters to the Baltimore Office that handles SSD Claims. I was hoping this would help with my SD Claim, but I got denied on this first "go-around".  I've heard that there could perhaps be some more of these "go-arounds" with the SSD folks.  I'm puzzled on why I got denied .  I suffer from a bad PTSD disorder but apparently the SSD folks see it quite different.  Any testimony from others in this forum with a similar situation would be appreciated.  Thanks.

PS; I did get a Lawyer to help with my appeal.... I don't feel like messing with this stress....

3 hours ago, Mr. Vic said:

Hello everyone from Germany,

I am  80% Service Connected/ 100% TDIU Veteran.  I was awarded my TDIU back in December 2015.  I had applied for my Social Security prior to this VA decision and fortunately I was able to submit my award VA letters to the Baltimore Office that handles SSD Claims. I was hoping this would help with my SD Claim, but I got denied on this first "go-around".  I've heard that there could perhaps be some more of these "go-arounds" with the SSD folks.  I'm puzzled on why I got denied .  I suffer from a bad PTSD disorder but apparently the SSD folks see it quite different.  Any testimony from others in this forum with a similar situation would be appreciated.  Thanks.

PS; I did get a Lawyer to help with my appeal.... I don't feel like messing with this stress....

JMO, File for SSDI under 12.06 Mental Disorder-anxiety adult.  If in fact the VA has diagnosed you with PTSD.  This was the Avenue I took for my SSDI.  I was a first time ago.

Thank you bro. Just found out an hour ago that they are about to decide on my appeal.  Will wait and see.  Don't know how they missed that "anxiety" part... it was all over the VA written decision.... Interesting indeed.

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear that you were denied. I was granted SSDI for PTSD in less then 2 months which is really fast in Texas. It took my brother almost 3 years with a lawyer, and I filed mine online. Most people usually do get denied on the first go around. You have to remember that the Government always wants us Vets to quit on the first go around, so they dont have to pay us later. The Hell with that, you did not ask to be Hurt or Sick, so you keep her going until you get what you Deserve my Friend!!!   Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

The most important thing is to not to miss any suspense dates, make sure you and your lawyer file a continuous claim. If you have to file a claim with an ALJ (Administration Law Judge) don't wait just go ahead and file your appeal.  There are some situations where veterans runs into non-veteran friendly SSA employees so you must push your claim through.

Edited by pete992

When I filed I was initially declined. I believe that I submitted my va proposed ratings. After being denied I submitted more evidence as well as my Narsum or narrative summary and was approved. I actually spoke to someone after the approval who was a decision maker on my case and he said that the Narsum made the evidence "very clear" and that was what they were looking for. Good luck!

10th Mountain Division

2004-2012

Fort Belviour WTU

2012-2014

Afghanistan

2006-2007 16mnths, 2009-2010 12mnths, 2011-2012 12mnths

Bronze Star with "V"

Purple Heart x3

Meritorious Service Medal