VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit forums causes too much CPU lag

retiredat44

My computer is high performance, Windows 10. The scripts on Hadit servers cause my computer to lag with high CPU use. It works with anything needing high performance, like combat flight simulators. Just Win10 can't handle too much scripting and ads. I know it is beyond  the control of Hadit website, as the servers run the ads.

it is very difficult to type in the forums with high CPU usage. FYI

CPU can be thrashing your hard drive for other reasons beyond the web site.  Pull up the task manager and look at what is going on to start with.  Indexing used for the search feature, pre-loading web sites, and browser add-ons can really chomp resources.  I use Chrome browser with a ad blocker and have no problems with anything like you do. I disable everything but the essentials, so I have nothing else running in the back ground that isn't essential.  Essential would be anti virus/anti malware program.

RA44, It might be your browser.  I have Win 7, 8.1, and 10 computers and a Win 8.1 Windowsphone that all load hadit without a hitch.  I'm getting a little tired of Firefox freezing on all versions, but not specific to hadit.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Windows 10 comes with Edge browser. Microsoft claims it is the best thing since sliced bread -- nope. I personally use Firefox or Chrome 95% of the time.