VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SDVI Insurance Definition of Totally Disabled

I applied for the $10k in SDVI insurance and asked to have the premium waved.  I received a letter telling me that I didn't meet the definition of "totally disabled" for VA insurance.  Does anyone know what the legal definition is as it applies to VA life insurance?

Thank you!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 7/1/2016 at 3:18 PM, green said:

I applied for the $10k in SDVI insurance and asked to have the premium waved.  I received a letter telling me that I didn't meet the definition of "totally disabled" for VA insurance.  Does anyone know what the legal definition is as it applies to VA life insurance?

Thank you!

Hey Green,
Are you P&T and also employed? If so, then that's why.

It's a bit like false advertising. The VA can award you P&T status, which is considered "totally disabled" for various purposes, but then you find out that other parts of the VA use a different definition for "totally disabled". Also, keep in mind that you are talking about life insurance here. The more people they can keep out of the program means the less that they have to pay out one day.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 7/5/2016 at 2:30 PM, broncovet said:

While I agree with Vync, maybe you could appeal this.  It sounds crazy the va rates you 100 percent and VA insurance says no.  

I hear you Broncovet, but doubt I could. It's been over a year... Might be worth trying... All they can say is "no".