VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Appeal Won!!!!!

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi everyone,

Had an appeal partially granted in 2015, stemming from a 2009 NOD. In Dec of 2015, I was paid and the other half of my appeal was remanded to AMC.

Once back at the board, the judge agreed in my favor, yesterday 7/12/16. At this point, it's been sent back to AMC for adjudication/payment.

Does anyone know what the timeframe is for backpay from AMC?

Thanks all!

6 answers to this question

Someone might take a time frame guess but Congratulations , that is GREAT NEWS.

NOD 2009, final award 2016.....everything is so wrong with that picture.But you hung in there!

• Founder

wonderful news - way to hang in! not sure how long it will take for the retro i've seen a couple of weeks to a couple of months. years ago i had a claim granted and the money showed up in the bank before i even knew it had been granted. i thought the bank had made a mistake. i've never had anything big to require two or more signatures and i believe that takes more time.

It's good to hear happy endings!  Congrats!  Sorry it took so dang long though!  I am still awaiting my DRO decision.  2014 to present since I started that roller coaster...lot less time than you but I am hoping to hear something soon!  again, CONGRATS!

2 hours ago, Berta said:

Someone might take a time frame guess but Congratulations , that is GREAT NEWS.

NOD 2009, final award 2016.....everything is so wrong with that picture.But you hung in there!

Thanks Berta! As you know, nothing should surprise us with the VA shenanigans!!!

2 hours ago, Tbird said:

wonderful news - way to hang in! not sure how long it will take for the retro i've seen a couple of weeks to a couple of months. years ago i had a claim granted and the money showed up in the bank before i even knew it had been granted. i thought the bank had made a mistake. i've never had anything big to require two or more signatures and i believe that takes more time.

Thank you for the words of encouragement!! I'm going to give it a few weeks before I reach out to AMC since I've been screwed with since 2009, or even the Secretary!

1 hour ago, Navy4life said:

It's good to hear happy endings!  Congrats!  Sorry it took so dang long though!  I am still awaiting my DRO decision.  2014 to present since I started that roller coaster...lot less time than you but I am hoping to hear something soon!  again, CONGRATS!

Just keep fighting and don't give up! I'm very confident with the DAV and all the help they've been!