VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal won but MH wasn't listed

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So I won my appeal for my TBI in May and recieved my retro already. My only problem is my MH issue they denied because they at the time said I had no documented TBI on file in 2014. Now 2016 and that no longer is a valid excuse for my MH so I reopened my claim in Feb. I was told I might get a decision in a few months to just get.a decision on my MH to get another reevaluation and then a few more months after that. I emailed Bob in anger I said I have waited long enough to get my treatment 6 years to be exact and now I have more hurtles to go even after I won my appeal for my TBI. His response The Secretary has received your email dated July 11, 2016. He has forwarded your inquiry to VA leadership for review. Thank you for your communication. What does this even mean? I'm happy to get a response but would rather see more results.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The letter means that Bob McDonald forwarded your email to your RO supervisor.  You should hear from him soon.  When you respond, to the RO supervisors email or letter, you should explain what you just explained to us.  

However, I would not leave it to chance.  I would file a nod on the MOST RECENT DECISON, disputing that they did not award MH disorder, secondary to TBI.  It will be timely.  

I filed a claim to reopen my issue in Febuary and then May came when my TBI was awarded . I more recently went into my RO going on two months now and have a statement of support and submitted all my deployment information again and my newly awarded issues and my disagreement with the exam given in 2014 and were it said no TBI on file. I have also submitted pictures of my last deployment of me in the desert. I hope because it's not an appeal that it will still be timely they decided every issue I filed I the past year was lumped all in one claim on ebenefits. I have been seen for every issue in my big claim now and just have this one issue killing my thoughts.