VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeframe Question (Step 5. Preparation for Decision)

Rate this question

USMC06

Question

I filed a PSTD claim in April 2016 and it has moved to Step 5. Preparation for Decision. I am in Virginia so I am thinking the claim went to the Roanoke Office.  Does anyone have any idea how long the claim may take from here to finalize? 

Thanks for your time!

Respectfully,

USMC06

• HadIt.com Elder

No one can be sure and the VA rarely gives an honest answer. Hope that it is soon. If you get scheduled fr Comp & Pen exam you are getting close.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Please note that the current status might still bounce around to a previous status. It may be frustrating, but if it happens, take it as a sign that someone at the VA is doing something.

Good luck on your claim!

Thanks guys,

So when I applied in April I filed for hardship.  The call center(Ebenifits) is telling me that it just got flagged for hardship.  I was looking around for information on how (they will treat my claim) on this but didn't find much info.   Anyway it seems I may be getting close.  Will keep everyone posted and if anyone has any questions as to the process (other than the timeframe) I am willing to assist or answer any questions that I can.  

Thanks again! 

Hardship claims go to the front of the line so to speak.  I have had a lot of dealings with the Roanoke RO when I lived in VA and I found it to be "OK".  I got low balled in my opinion on the first time around and I also got denied of contentions that should have been S/C back in 2013.  Today I sit awaiting a DRO hearing decision from February 2016 regarding the three contentions I appealed.

But as for you, the stages will change daily if not hourly as you will see b/c someone is working on your claim.  Hope it is a positive one!

USMC, It is hard to tell at this point. My Current Claim just went to Prep for Decision as well. I have had over 10 claims by now, and some finish faster then others. Good luck and sorry to hear of your hardship. Keep us posted and God Bless