Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Intertwined TBI and PTSD

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So if they lumped my PTSD and said it was service connected and lumped it in with the TBI rating,  how can they keep it the same as it was before when it was the TBI alone at 70%?

4 answers to this question

I think in many situations, they can take advantage of tbi vets in the math. This requires intense scrutiny. To me, the root cause is more important for secondaries and realistic linkages. But you are 90%, so I'd stick a fork in it now and be done with the VA hassle  :) ** [UNLESS you have a family and require continuous employment!] **

Every time you screw with the VA, you risk losing it all, just due to unrestricted VA incompetence. So I don't see why vet's over 70% take up resources on every little thing they can. Usually the main thing or Pareto statistics is your main value. The stress alone is no reason to continue, as is vendors selling stuff on this or any site.

The VA is going by gambling statistics: if they keep delaying you or stopping your benefits for years at at time, eventually you will bankrupt, become a street person, or commit suicide. Do you feel lucky? Well do you? Go to Las Vegas then. You aren't going to beat a Bank in minimizing bank fees, and you are not going to beat the VA in optimizing your benefit claims, imo.

Edited by armorer

But your wrong I did optimize my VA appeal I went from 30 to 90 in 5 months on an appeal. 90 to 100 means healthcare for me and my family meaning I don't have to work full time which is why I am pursuing it I am so exhausted from working 3rd shift. But need to support my family and keep my house. And when I know I am right with my claim I will overcome this system of BS. 

I stand corrected then. I thought 70% was 100% for tdiu. I did not consider continuous employment required for supporting a family. At least you had and still have a family though: you are lucky. I have made that mistake before, but I forget things easily. Please forgive me.

Good luck and I know you deserve it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was 70% TDIU in 2002.  I was denied Chapter 35. I appealed that and got P&T within one year.  I appealed the date I became eligible for TDIU and P&T and got EED.  When my labs indicated I had DMII I claimed it.  Got lousy 10% at first. I found I had PN in all four limbs.  I claimed that.  In around 2007 I was dx'ed with CAD.  I knew that it was likely secondary to DMII.  I got 60% for CAD after fighting with VA.  When I heard about Bradley vs Peake I claimed statutory "S" housebound.  I got that via CUE and a couple of years retro.  Most recently my DMII got worse now I have 20% and I don't want it to get worse.  There is a good reason sometimes to claim all your possibly dangerous SC conditions.  I started with 10% back in 1972.