Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO APPEAL

Rate this question

Cricut

Question

Berta, 

Thanks for all The Insight over the years..   APPEAL Homebound question...

Im 70% P&T, IU, SMC k.  I am actually Homebound.  So, I can't go by the 100 Plus 60 for me. Im well aware of this.

I'm on DRO appeal for Entitlement  to Homebound SMC s.  7 weeks ago The DRO contacted me Via Email Stating he was going to render his decision. I sent back a Email Stating OK.  I had my C&P In Sept of 2015. I read It And Its all In my Favor. Plus, I had my Psychiatrist Fill out a 21-2680 HB/AA form. That too IS all In my Favor. Not counting the All My VA Files from my PhD, And Psychiatrist which Is about 2 feet thick..     Anyway, No Ebenefits, updates at all...    SO, I call 1-800 peggy for the heck of It. 

This Is what I was told from 1-800 peggy.  The Guy told me that The Appeal was ready for review.  I asked him did the DRO set Up a Hearing that I asked for? His reply, was No and there won't be.. Then I asked Him Is The DRO sending me for another C&P?  His reply was, No need too send you as you had one a year ago.  Then I asked what would be the time frame of my Appeal being completed?  He replied Your appeal will be done, closed, finish before OCT 23rd, 2016...   The 23rd Is a Sunday.....  

I asked how would you know the Exact date.   He responded to me by saying, Trust me by Oct 23rd all will be complete and closed.....

So, my question Is:    What Is your opinion On the 800-Peggy Guy told me?   Thanks For any and all comments welcomed...  Great site!!!!! 

•  

3 answers to this question

Just maybe, Peggy has a Crystal Ball. Just hope it's not the Old Black 8 Ball, where you swish it around and read the answer.

Spend your wait time computing your SMC S Retro, should take the edge off. Is your Direct Deposit Bank/CU account set up to Txt/E-Mail you regarding ALL Transactions? Retro usually hits a couple weeks before you receive the Actual Award Letter.

Recently, since beginning of 16 end of 15, E-Ben has actually been on the stick and reported Awards/Increases prior to the Retro Deposit hitting.

Semper fi

Semper Fi

Bronc, Ye of little faith. VA employees don't really have a Dog in the Fight. They may misspeak on occasion or be less than fully knowledgeable regarding a Vet's Claim/Appeal Status but in general, their just Govt employees putting their 8 or so hrs in each day.

As with all of us, some days are better, some worse. You catch one on a bad day, you really can't judge them all by that 1 bad experience.

Semper Fi