VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The magic sentence in VA claims.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Remember the show "Pee Wee Herman"?  My grandkids love it.  In the show, they always had a "magic word".  Whenver someone said the magic word, everyone screams and hollers.  

Well there is a magic sentence in VA claims.  Here it is, now to test it, every scream when you say the magic sentence:

"The VEterans condition is at least as likely as not caused by x event in military service".   (Now everyone scream that is the magic sentence.)  

So, when you read your file, look for the magic sentence.  

If you are seeking TDIU, then the magic sentence is a little different:

"The Veteran is unable to maintain substantial gainful employment due to service connected conditions"...(everyone scream).  

Finally, if you are seeking service connection for secondary condtions, here is YOUr Magic sentence:

"The VEterans xx condition, is at least as likely as not due to the influence of his (primary) condition".  

Now everyone scream when you hear any of these magic sentences.  Oh, yes..the doctor needs to say these.  

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I always figured/thought  the magic words were

''We have made a decision on your claim  and we decided your S.C. disability is Granted  with a 100% P&T rating and 20 years retro paid at the at  full 100% Rate''

''20 year protection Rule is in place''.

...to me that's the magic words.:smile:

Edited by Buck52

On 10/10/2016 at 7:09 PM, broncovet said:

Remember the show "Pee Wee Herman"?  My grandkids love it.  In the show, they always had a "magic word".  Whenver someone said the magic word, everyone screams and hollers.  

Well there is a magic sentence in VA claims.  Here it is, now to test it, every scream when you say the magic sentence:

"The VEterans condition is at least as likely as not caused by x event in military service".   (Now everyone scream that is the magic sentence.)  

So, when you read your file, look for the magic sentence.  

If you are seeking TDIU, then the magic sentence is a little different:

"The Veteran is unable to maintain substantial gainful employment due to service connected conditions"...(everyone scream).  

Finally, if you are seeking service connection for secondary condtions, here is YOUr Magic sentence:

"The VEterans xx condition, is at least as likely as not due to the influence of his (primary) condition".  

Now everyone scream when you hear any of these magic sentences.  Oh, yes..the doctor needs to say these.  

I disagree.

I have learned there is no such thing as magical sentences that get claims granted. 

One must provide substantive medical evidence  before the VA schedules a C&P examination.

Favorable medical opinions rendered by examiners, such as the ones listed above, usually don't come easy.

Winning a claim requires one to provide the evidence that the VA is looking for.

A recent medical diagnosis is of utmost importance.

You CAN file a claim for an undiagnosed illness, but like a C&P examiner once told me,make sure to get a doctor's diagnosis of your condition if you want to win.

Obtaining your service treatment records is the next step.

National Archives request for STRs is faster than waiting on your VA office to provide a copy to you via claims file copy.

Get these records as soon as possible.... then on to next step.

Send the VA all of your service treatment records, AND, all of your VA medical and/or private medical care records that will document the disability you are claiming.

Set up an ebenefits account, and send your medical evidence records to the VA electronically to save time.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree with ya 63 Charlie Been there done that a bunch of times I can only imagine broncovet has too.

Were just being humorous!

.....................Buck

I know you guys have paid the price to get to where you are.

No disrespect directed at anyone.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Its all good when things go right with our claims but for some veterans it takes  years and years to be approved or Fight for EED.

All because the VA Raters & C&P Examiners fail to read medical evidence+all the right  demographics of their claim. 

Its always good when we can get a Approved for our claims  Especially in a timely manner.

Unfortunately  for some Veterans it don't always work out that way.

For some reason or another or unknown reasons, some times the Raters and VA C&P Examiners don't read their medical evidence crucial to substantiated their claims and it takes the Veteran years and years to be approve  either for a claim or an EED he has been fighting with in VA Courts of Appeals on!

Some veteran don't make it to see their claims approved  that's the sadness in all this.   even when he/she has all the right evidence proper CFR'S & knew the demographics of their claim. &

still set up for denial.

Edited by Buck52