Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Good Morning Josephine,

I have been reading the topic you posted and was discharged in the 70's one of the resons stated was that I was immature/personality disorder due to how my unit commander wrote it up...mind you not a doctor but my unit commander...notwithstanding that I was 17 when I enlisted in the AF I suppose that my age was not taken into consideration at the time as how I dealt with being assulted by my NCOIC...so when I was discharged personality Dis/immaturity was mentioned in my paper work...like so many other VETS that have been discharged out of the military under stressfull situlations not by there own making...there normally is no proof of a stressor taking place or what was behind the stressor to cause one to act out in a way appropriate for there age or life experience...maturity comes with age and how a 30 year old handles a situlation is different on how an 18 year old would handle it and in many cases the individuals who were in charge at the time of the incidents or infractions would just go by the standard of the day and back in the 60-70's the best way to discharge a young rebellious airman under honorable conditions would to discharge them with this personality disorder code...and after 25 years or so it is difficault to track down anyone who may have some knowledge of what you went through...so what I had to do besides submit paperwork that I had I needed to find individuals that were stationed at the base I was to colloberated what facts I did have...one of the things I did was go into Military.com...they have a buddy finder...now I did not see anyone I met in that buddy finder but what I did find...was my unit I was attached to...and I sent emails to those listed in the sercurity forces (police) who were stationed at the base the same time I was...and also some of the missle people due to the fact one of the incidents I contened happed did occur at the missle site...I received 3 emails back that remembered the incident that it involved a female but they couldn't remember her name that female was me...but these people who I never met wrote letters and had them certified and sent them to me so I could prove that the events did happen...

Maybe that is what you need to do...find people who may of had some knowledge of events that occured to you and get statements on the conditions of the enviroment that was there when you were at the base you were at...since I don't know your case...I hope something I wrote helps...

I will keep you in my prayers that things go well for you....

take care

MT

• HadIt.com Elder

mountain tyme,

thanks so much for thinking of me. I have a buddy letter from a girl, with me at each station, from Georgia.

The Two crooked Psyhciatrist discounted her letter, stating " she did not address my personlity."

This she is not qualifed to do.

Headed for the hospital.

Thanks for your prayers,

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi I am back and a tad weak!

Just wanted to thank everyone for thinking of me. My surgery was successful. The goiter was wrapped around my voice box and nerve, but thank God for the skills of a wonderful doctor that did my surgery. No voice change and no damage. I am a bit black and blue, but no signs of cancer, but will know more when the pathology report comes in.

I missed speaking to each and every one of you.

God Bless

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Glad this went well for you Josephine-

a terrible time of year for surgery but you sound like you will be fine!

Thank God!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Josephine

The sun is shinning....and before long you will be singing...so today is a good day...and tomorrow will even be bette!! glad to see your post that all went well.....

God Speed

MT

• HadIt.com Elder
Glad this went well for you Josephine-

a terrible time of year for surgery but you sound like you will be fine!

Thank God!

Thanks Berta,

I value your friendship.

God bless,

Josephine