Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim submitted 1 day late

Rate this question

Diane

Question

I filed a claim Dec 11, 2015 and completed all paperwork to my VSO on Dec 7, 2015.  He ensured me that he would put it in by the 11th but he didn't.  Needless to say that canx my old claim and generated a new one.  He put in a waiver but said it could take awhile.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I was not told anything about filing a claim when I got out  or even know I could

I Sign up with the DAV but never really got any help from them  I still use them as my VSO/POA today but just do so on paper. (Why I keep them is any body's guess)

I worked all my claims myself  and with help form you and some of the elder hadit members...but I will keep the DAV as my POA even though they are of no help to me with my claims.

As for as not knowing about the VA Claims regulations...eh!

I was 21 years old & single when I got out, and as for as I knew I was ok health wise  a little still bang up from Nam but I was just so happy and excited to be home, I never dream anything could be wrong with me back then, all I had on my mind was getting home to my family and my G/F which I was devastated  to see her as she was 8 months pregnant...another mental  break down for me.

but I picked up and moved on   it was years later before I had any medical symptoms to file a VA Claim.

Like I say  wish I knew then what I know now.

I don't blame anyone for this lack of information  but myself ,  I just never knew we were suppose to report anything  medically when we got out ?  especially within the first year.

And yes I am so glad I found this Hadit  site back in 1999...I remember Flip Helig (aka Phillip Rogers)Ms Berta & Tbird  , Larry, and a few other members that helped me as for as CFR's and VA English.

The newer veterans should not have to go though what some of us older veterans had to  and I am glad for that.

Edited by Buck52