VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Do you normally get a SSOC again after I had an appeal pending since August with a hardship flagged on my claim and appeal? I had the denial which stated the reason on the denial which is why my attorney filed my appeal. I know they argued they say evidence that for months the doctors were all wrong and I had no neck fracture or skull fracture as they called it with my 6 months i the hospital. But then they denied my DVT in my legs that clearly was there and was on narcotics until I was made able to walk again and made weight bearing. My claim is in the Prep for a decision were the doctor opined that my hip fractures were service connected yet another piece which confined me to the bed causing the DVT that and being asleep 26 days. I was supposed to be awaiting a video hearing is this normal I am going nuts?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Its normal.  

YOu get a SOC when VA gets around to it, after you file a NOD UNLESS VA grants the benefit requested.  A SOC is essentially a denial (at least in part) of your NOD.  You must then file an I9, after the SOC, to get your appeal to the BVA.  

An SSOC (Supplemental Statement of case) is requred whenever you submit new evidence after the SOC.  

If you submit new evidence after the SOC, then the VA has to send you a SSOC.  If they dont send you a SSOC, then that is error.  

I had a problem of submitting all this evidence which I'm not doing so I can get my appeal that has a hardship flagged my claim just closed as well I was serviced for 10% for my hip fracture. This is good for me since I can use this along with my 26 day coma. As proof that this is what caused my DVT secondary to being confined to the bed which is a major cause of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Edited by jfrei