VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam with Addendum

Rate this question

Silverdj1

Question

I had a Gulf War General Medical Examination C&P exam. Looked at the exam notes and it has an Addendum for my ED DBQ. The C&P examiner wrote the following addendum. My question is do you think they will grant me compensation for ED? Thanks in advance.

ADDENDUM                      STATUS: COMPLETED
On further review, the veteran has ED which is a symptom and not truely a
diagnosis. As the condition is usually due to another diagnosis. On further
review, the veteran has had long standing HTN and it is my opinion that the
veteran's ED is at least as likley as not due to his long standing HTN. Therefore
he has a condition with a clear etiology.

3 answers to this question

Silverdj1...

May I suggest you find out what this particular examiners "Specialty" is...

Is she qualified to opine on your condition(s)?

Relating to the opinion...

Is it 'False & Misleading'?  It IS considered Libel.  Those deciding on your claim, believe the opinion is a true assessment of your conditions.

On a few occasions, I have wondered if I'm going to have to have legal representation every time I'm called to attend one of these?

Since this was a Gulf War Registry Examination it means that your ED cannot be considered an MUCMI since it has a known etiology(HTN). This does however mean that you can submit for compensation for your HTN. Unless you’re already service connected for HTN. In that case I would submit ED as a residual symptom of HTN and request SMC (k) for loss of use of creative organ, and submit that VA doctors statement with your claim.

Also, VA examiners are clever and tend to include illnesses that you are already service connected for so that there can be no additional compensation awarded while simultaneously eliminating your chances to appeal the cause or what illness your service record symptoms are associated with. So while appearing favorable, is actually nothing new that supports you and kills your chance to say they were wrong. 

Go with SMC (k)

Edited by SlutherVandrose
Wrong acronym