VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilty Evaluation

Rate this question

max

Question

What should I expect.Do you do this every year?They have me down for Mental Health and a Lab.What is the Lab for do they what to make sure I'm taking my meds. 30 % PTSD. Thanks

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm very tried of there stupid examinations.Lets see if they can do 7 major coonteroffensive campaigns recive two Bronze stars,Army commendation,Vietnam gallantry cross and not have PTSD.I think I need attorney?

Not to piss you off but in the latter years, after 1967, everyone got medals. Not that you didn't deserve them but it wasn't just officers. Also the Vietnam Gallantry Cross, for most, was just a ribbon & 7 counteroffensive campaigns is just a period of time. What's the ArCom??? How about a CIB - you got one??? Airborne!!

jmo

pr

You guys take your packs off!!!!! This is simply no more than just the annual exam by the VA primary care doctor. They always do lab work once a year to check for cholesterol, diabetes, liver, the whole blood work up, make you drop your pants and play stink finger, Blood pressure, etc. Your primary care VA doctor also renews your prescriptions for the upcoming year until the next appointment. If the cholesterol or BP is out of whack the PC doctor will prescribe the new meds for this also and will test your blood levels every 6 months for these meds and then renew them if necessary or change the dosage.

No big deal. We all have or are supposed to have an annual exam by the VA in order to stay active in the health care system. If you don't go to these they can drop you and let some other veteran that wants annual exams have your place.

Is this at a clinic or at a VAMC? Look on your prescription bottles, is the Doctor you have an appointment with the same one on the bottles? If so, it is definitely your annual exam. Is this your first one? You had to have a primary care VA doctor in order to receive medication from the VA.

Not to piss you off but in the latter years, after 1967, everyone got medals. Not that you didn't deserve them but it wasn't just officers. Also the Vietnam Gallantry Cross, for most, was just a ribbon & 7 counteroffensive campaigns is just a period of time. What's the ArCom??? How about a CIB - you got one??? Airborne!!

jmo

pr

They dont give CIBs to radio operators.They always said your frist MOS was 11B are 2st mos was radio op

You guys take your packs off!!!!! This is simply no more than just the annual exam by the VA primary care doctor. They always do lab work once a year to check for cholesterol, diabetes, liver, the whole blood work up, make you drop your pants and play stink finger, Blood pressure, etc. Your primary care VA doctor also renews your prescriptions for the upcoming year until the next appointment. If the cholesterol or BP is out of whack the PC doctor will prescribe the new meds for this also and will test your blood levels every 6 months for these meds and then renew them if necessary or change the dosage.

No big deal. We all have or are supposed to have an annual exam by the VA in order to stay active in the health care system. If you don't go to these they can drop you and let some other veteran that wants annual exams have your place.

Is this at a clinic or at a VAMC? Look on your prescription bottles, is the Doctor you have an appointment with the same one on the bottles? If so, it is definitely your annual exam. Is this your first one? You had to have a primary care VA doctor in order to receive medication from the VA.

Thanks for the help.Max

• HadIt.com Elder
They dont give CIBs to radio operators.They always said your frist MOS was 11B are 2st mos was radio op

Sorry Max, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry to have picked on you. And on a side note, we had a whole platoon of commo guys in my company that were awarded CIB's in late 1965/early1966.

pr