Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Doctor makes up story will it hurt?

Rate this question



I recently went to a VA out east for my PTSD and was hospitalized for about two weeks. I am currently rated 100% and still have not gotten my first review exam yet. I got my records back from the hospitalization just now and there was an invention by one of the doctors. I got my PTSD from working at the USDB as a correctional specialist. The doctor in his notes said I worked for the department of corrections which I never have. Will this impact me in the review of my compensation? Should I try to have some kind of correction made if possible? If so how?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • HadIt.com Elder

Contact the patient advocate where you saw this doc. Explain the wrong information and state that it my have an adverse effect on your benefits. Show documentation.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You  bet and do it ASAP.

I assume you have SC PTSD from Active Duty at Leavenworth?

"I recently went to a VA out east for my PTSD and was hospitalized for about two weeks"

Could that have been in the PTSD In House in Buffalo NY?

You might need to contact the Director of that VAMC. I might have contact info for them.

Let me know where the intervention occurred.

You can get those hosp. records from this VAMC. Just request the two weeks of records from their Privacy  Act or Records Access Officer.

I learned that asking for just a few current and specific  records can often go very fast.

Personally I would go to both the Director and the Patient Advocate with this. And file a IRIS complaint at www.va.gov Contact Us area.


GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The doctor obviously put someone else's info in YOUR file! Sounds like you could call a PII (personally Identifiable Information) violation to me.


I understand due to your condition you might not have the energy to follow through, try to point this out to the advocates- Great suggestions above

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use