Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Admend A Claim For A Misdiagnosis

Rate this question

Dorothy Kansas

Question

Can a claim be ammended because of a misdiagnosis. For instance you were diagnosed with lyphoma and submitted claim requesting service connection. You then continue to have more testing and it is revealed that you have scleroderma. Can you ask for the claim to be ammended because of misdiagnoses.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I sure would file an amended claim if I were you-would it change the nexus factor?

Did the VA's misdiagnosis cause you additional disability?

In other words did you have any serious side affects or consequences of lymphoma treatment?

That is quite different from scleroderma.

Or maybe this was just an example you used.

A medical error that causes documented additonal disability can be basis for a Section 1151 claim as well as claim for direct service connection for the actual disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dorothy, I would talk to someone about a 1151 claim and itf the misdiagnosis caused you any further illness or aggrevated any illnes you have, I would consider Suit.

Here is a link to wrong diagnosis and it is pretty interesting.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/scleroderma/misdiag.htm

John

Edited by jbasser

Dorothy, I would talk to someone about a 1151 claim and itf the misdiagnosis caused you any further illness or aggrevated any illnes you have, I would consider Suit.

Here is a link to wrong diagnosis and it is pretty interesting.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/scleroderma/misdiag.htm

John

Dorothy Kansas: How did they initially conclude it was a Lymphoma and did they perform a biopsy?Please reply I need to know. rthomasss@insightbb.com

• HadIt.com Elder

A medical error that causes documented additonal disability can be basis for a Section 1151 claim as well as claim for direct service connection for the actual disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta or anyone, ; I have a question related to this particular statement, thanks,cg