VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting and waiting for DRO Review.

Rate this question

lfredrick123

Question

We have been waiting since June 2015 for a DRO and in the mean time I have sent additional evidence I have gotten. My question is will the DRO review it all or should I send a Waiver so we dont have to do a remand back. The C file on me is extensive, i cludes  many Drs and hospital reports , testing etc. Recently I was called in for a Pulmonary Function Test, Labs, Blood Occult, Cardiology and a Renal Ultra Sound. As well we had to see audiology again and infectious disease. They did huge work ups. Long story short is I have elevated Light chains, lgG andlgM , no hep or any of the tb tests had anything. I had an indicator for a mysty mysenteric (Panniculitis) in Feb. and worsening lip droop. They also discovered a fluid in the mastoids that has been there since 2008 and maybe longer. I thought maybe it was a cause of the lip droop in November. Here is the most recent report. What do you think I should do here. since I have had exposures to herbicides and asbestos. Thanks for the help

Edited by lfredrick123
Too large

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet

also I might add to make copys favorable to what your claiming get  C-FILE COPYS and send those in as well.

24 months waiting on  a DRO Hearing/Review  OR if your even going to get a DRO Hearing/Review?

They should have sent you a letter by now  Accepting your DRO Request and give you a projected date for the Hearing.

call the 1-800 # and ask about this DRO Hearing/Review

Send the "new" evidence to the evidence intake center, asap.  You should not have to sign a "waiver of RO consideration" for a DRO review or DRO hearing  because the DRO IS the Regional Office.  

The waiver wont hurt you, but its unnecessary at the DRO level.  If your DRO is denied, and you get a SOC, then you have to take your appeal the the BVA and you may need a waiver of ro consideration.  

While I read that "waivers of ro consideration" were no longer needed at the BVA either, I can tell you that my BVA appeal grinded to a halt for about 6 months while the board sent me a letter that a waiver was needed.  

Here is the medical report of findings on the most recent Primary Care Visit. Also she gave me a card and referred me to the DBQ Clinic. That was a new one that I have never heard of before. Have any of you?  I looked this up and here is the link to the information I was given. Do you think this is a safe bet or not? I already have a nexus from Dr Ellis, and I think this may be a way that VA is trying to get around it,  http://3mc77e18jo7n1uk8m71my8ml.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PRESENTATION_DMA-and-VBA-Part-II.pdf

I believe Dr Ellis out witted them and now they are looking to try to overpower his credentials. So curious to know if you all have had any experience with this,

My medical report this visit:

Exam by Primary Care June 2017

VA Notes Source: VA Last Updated: 01 Jul 2017 @ 1427 Sorted By: Date/Time (Descending) VA Notes from January 1, 2013 forward are available 3 calendar days after they have been completed and signed by all required members of your VA health care team. If you have any questions about your information please visit the FAQs or contact your VA health care team. Date/Time: 28 Jun 2017 @ 1304 Note Title: PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER (T) Location: VA --------------------- Sy Signed By-------------------------------

URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED ASSESSMENT and PLAN:                                                                                           1. Mastoid fluid, was referred to ENT, no evidence of osteomastoditis. Stable.                                         2. Chronic hypoxia, chronic lung disease, traches, per pt. hx of asbestos and herbicidal exposure.       Was referred to Golden Va clinic for DRO/disability claim. Waiting on  appeal. Stable.        3. Hx hemorrhagic CVA, W/c bound R hand abnormal movements. Trach. Stable.  4. HTN, controlled. On Lasix. Stable.  5. Hyperlipidemia, on simvastatin. Stable.    6. RTC x 6 mo., PRN, will do labs. Declined labs today.   7. Anemia, chronic, worsened, ordered iron and Vit C oral suppl. follow up x 6 mo. Iron rich foods discussed with the wife. Stable.     8. Hx PE and pulm infarction/COPD. Trach. chronic hypoxemia, on cont O2, Stable.                -------------------- CONFIDENTIAL Page 4 of 57                                                                            9.  Obstructive hydrocephalos, VP shunt. Stable.                                                                                              CHIEF COMPLAINT: Mr. ----------- is a 77 year old MALE here for routine visit and meds refills.                                                                                                                                 

HPI:77 y.o male w/c bound, with Hx CVA, cerebral AV malformations, urinary incont, on Bowel program, chronic lung disease, chronic hypoxia, thrach, continuous O2 2 L/m during the day and 8 L/m nocturnal flow, Hx HTN, hyperlipidemia.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ROS: General: none   

Head: none                                                                                                                                                                                                           Eyes: none   Ears: none    THroat/neck: none      Chest/pulm: none                                                                                                                      Heart: none      Abd: none     Ext: none     Neuro: none                                                                                                                              Musculoskeletal: none       Genito-urinary: none       Skin :none                                                                                                                                    Psych: none                                                                                                                                                                                                                 The following problem list is considered to be the "Past Medical History" for the purposes of this note. It was reviewed at the time of this visit. Computerized Problem List is the source for the following:                                                                                                                                           1. Dementia (SNOMED CT 52448006)                                                                                                                                                                         2. Hypertrophy (Benign) of Prostate with Urinary obstruction                                                                                                                                       3. Benign hypertension (SNOMED CT 10725009)                                                                                                                                                      4. Urinary Incontinence                                                                                                                                                                                                 5. Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations                                                                                                                                                                     6. Cerebellar Hemorrhage                                                                                                                                                                                              7. Personal History of Surgery to other Organs umbilica hernia 8/07 cataract L eye 2005 Repair of AVM 5/08 removal of subdural blood clot 5/08 Ventriculostomy 5/08 VP shunt 10/08 tracheostomy 5/08 removed for 6 weeks, replaced 11/08 PEG tube 2008                                                        8. Other Pulmonary Embolism and Infarction 6/10 -                                                                                                                                                      9. Obstructive hydrocephalus ventriculostomy 5/2008 at Swedish MC                                                                                                                       10. Other Dependence on Supplemental oxygen trach 6 liters w/ 35% venturi mask                                                                                                   11. Ataxia * (ICD-9-CM 781.3)                                                                                                                                                                                  12. Other dyspnea and respiratory abnormality (ICD-9-CM 786.09) oxygen and nebulizer use                                                                                  13. Chronic progressive renal failure                                                                                                                                                                       14. Excessive cerumen in ear canal ------------------------------- CONFIDENTIAL Page 5 of 57                                                                                     15. MIXED HEARING LOSS, UNILATERAL                                                                                                                                                                    16. Atherosclerosis of artery                                                                                                                                                                                     17. Diastolic heart failure                                                                                                                                                                                           18. Antibiotic prophylaxis not recommended Allergies: MOXIFLOXACIN, ERTAPENEM Active and Recently Expired Outpatient Medications (including Supplies): Active Outpatient Medications Status

(that was this recent visit. The following was the PFT and Pulmonary evaluation done. We also saw audiology again, and infectious diseases. Cardiology did not say anything specific, however the CT Scans indicate Atherosclerosis in both the Aorta and the Coronary Arteries.

The PFT showed a failed DLCO and Spirometry at about 50% of Projected. Basically a fail. He is now noted to have Chronic Lung Disease including Hypoventialation,Hypoxia, and COPD (Hypercapnia) and uses a BiPap for noctornal control of both due to Central Apnea.

What DBQ's should I get given Dr Ellis is already on board with Nexus for HTN as cause for the brain bleed, caused by exposures due to herbicides and insecticides used, and the COPD due to Diesel exhaust/CO2 levels/Benzene in the exhaust of track vehicles I worked on. Suggestions please.