VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dead vet not dead.

Berta

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The V.A. told ABC 6/Fox 28 it was notified by a third party that Manis had died."

So, the VA can find out through a "third party" that you died, yet, you need to show the VA a death certificate to get DIC for your spouse.  And then the military retirement system takes the VA's word for it,  Isn't that fourth hand.

When my dad died three years ago, the funeral home requested death certificates because they send oen to Social Security automatically.  We (the family) could buy as many as we wanted, first one free.  Maybe the VA should hook up with SS on this one and not rely on "third parties".

And who the hell is this "third party"?  Anonamous?  That's the story!

A crime,

Hamslice

PS, Thanks, Berta.  Nice.

Exactly, Hamslice.  It sounds like the they were still "hungover" from the "Second Party", and really tied one on for the "third party" and everyone was talking gibberish.  

13 hours ago, Hamslice said:

So, the VA can find out through a "third party" that you died,

Too common. The VA requires 'Due Process' to reduce or debt for all reasons but death.

I'm not sure why- Perhaps they had a 15,000 Spanish-American Veterans on the rolls in 1998 who averaged 133 years old and got caught- Then over-reaction in USC and CFR.

I've said it before; when you die, VA does a brutal thing called 'FNOD' that terminates everything.