11cvolley

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe they start the process of getting veterans compensation ready on the 25th of each month and on the 31st they hit send   (direct deposit veterans) if the 31st falls on a Sat or Sunday  they send it a day before that weekend  on a Friday.

so send in your divorce dicre before the 25th  (certified return receipt) also I would call my R.O. And let a VSR/VSO know this information.

if it slips passed them and you get the same for next month as you been getting  you will need to pay that back...however call your R.O.and ask them about your dependent children??? if they are still considered to be your dependents? I think they will be  but not your ex.

• HadIt.com Elder

Check this link out about ''Apportionment of VA Benefits''

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-divorce-alimony-child-support-affect-veterans-va-benefits.html

Edited by Buck52

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I believe they start the process of getting veterans compensation ready on the 25th of each month and on the 31st they hit send   (direct deposit veterans) if the 31st falls on a Sat or Sunday  they send it a day before that weekend  on a Friday.

Yes!

It's called 'FAS Cut-Off' (Financial and Accounting System, I think) date.

Date does change literally every month.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone the retro hits before you know it..unless you check your Bank Account everyday.

this reminds me when I got my back retro...We had been eating bologna sandwiches. corn bread and beans and had 10.000 in the Bank 2 months before I got my award letter...since I had not been working and living on what the spouse made we just made  deposit with her check to make rent and untily's  making ends meet and never looked into our savings   and  for those two months I always had figured we were broke   ...got so use to it  and all along I was  Rich son of a gun eating bologna sandwiches .