VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why do VA physicians & Therapist Miss Construe?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why do at times a VA MD or Therapist miss construes what we say during our visit with them and what can a veteran do about it   when he finds this in his MyhealthyVet Notes. 

what they talked about was NOT what they talked about?  &by this fabrication it can very well mess up a veterans claim and cause a reduction in benefit's

I hope the New Accountability Act will eliminate this ridiculous fabrication on the VA Dr's , Specialty Clinics ,Phyistrist and therapist a like.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? what did you do about it?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Using the Regs put upby broncovet maybe the way to straighten this out or quote these regs to the Dr,

However I think its better to try to get the Dr's to straighten things out in the Notes...if he/she is saying something in the notes that he/she never said during the session with the veteran  then he/she is fabricating things and writing things that is contradictory or pertains  to the veterans medical records.

A veteran has a big say in a situation like this  b/c VA Can't prove what the Dr ACTUALLY MENTION DURING THE SESSION.

So if the Dr will straighten things out  then that will be better and the veteran should make copy's after the amend is written...b/c the other notes unfortunately will stay in the notes but the Amend will be the priotity of evidence.

Well, 100% of cell phones have a voice recorder ...

The other thing is people like to babble on and on. There's a few posts, from time to time, that I have zero idea what they're even asking because they're so long.

The next thing is people will tell you things that are certainly not helpful to their case (Maybe a subset of the babbling on and on issue). They ask for IU because of disability X, then describe they couldn't work because of another reason.

And last, VA is #17 of 18 federal agencies in job satisfaction. Greedy little non-veterans in charge make sure everyone is overworked, hence, people are pretty negative. Combine that with babbling on, and things get jumbled in notes.

Sometimes people are just plain malicious.

You can always get your own clinician to do the exam.

True, Mike Hunt.  Many posters "babble" on and on, and its frustrating to read and to respond.    However, this babbling is not limited to hadit or VA claims.  I often hear my wife "babble" on the phone..about stuff that is not all that relevant.  

It does, however, have a purpose.  She connects with her daughter, much better than I do, in no small part because both parties feel comfortable expressing their feelings even if the other one does not find it relevant.  Its always relevant to them, they find that time where they babble with their daughters to be exceptionally entertaining and enlightening.  

Vets often dont have some one they can bable to.  We men are expected to be Joe Friday, "just the (relevant) facts, Maam".  

Vets who "babble" are often hurt and frustrated, usually by a long wait, and often mistreatment by one or more VA employees.  

Bill Gates built a fairly successful business, and he often requests "feedback" from customers about how they feel about his newest product.  He uses those feedbacks to improve the next version.  

VA skips that...they dont care what Vets think about so called "customer service" because we have no choices when dealing with VA.  In the real world, there are choices, in VA land we have no choice in our regional office.  They could cure that by letting US pick our RO, and then laying off employees in poor RO's with few customers.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I've Always been fortunate that I get along fairly well with the VA Dr's and all veterans should be in a good re pore with their VA PCP, & the Specialty Clinics,but some times the Dr's are misleading , so you really need to build a bond/trust with the Doc's  (All Dr's) And if you have claims going on keep checking those MyhealthyVet Notes''  

I have had this happen to me and I confronted the Dr face to face about it /with copies and the VA Dr did an ''Addendum'' corrected what was actually mention during the session.

However Using the CFR's agianst the VA Dr's May not be such a good Ideal,if the Dr makes his amend & after things settle down a bit the Dr may change is opinion or out look against '' you the veteran'', then the Veteran changes VA  Dr's  (then your Ex PCP) Sends an email to the new PCP and it just goes on and on...so my advise is try to get along great with your PCP and just work your claim yourself or with an Attorney if need be depending on your case.

Anytime you ask a VA Dr to help you with your claim or ask  that he write something'' likely as not'' or mention in his report to be''favorable'' or anything that may be beneficial to your claim and the Dr Frowns or says something like ''I don't do claims or you need to check with the proper authorities  like the DAV to help you with your claim''......then never ask your PCP about your claim...just keep your repore/good standing going and things will fall into place if your careful as to what you say during your clinical visits.