Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DoD ID Number on your Proof of Service Card

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

I see that in the eBenefits "Download VA Letters" page you can print and cut out your "Proof of Service Card".  I also see that they have a DoD ID Number for me.

So what is this number about and what does it get me?

Never knew of or seen it before......

I thought they were tracking me by my SSN.  Now there is another file on me somewhere???

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

AFAIK, the DoD ID # has been in use for nearly 40 years, since the introduction of DEERS. If you're in DEERS, you have a DoD ID #. Since 1983, I've had 3 different types of DoD ID's (Dependent/DD Form 1173, Active Duty/DD Form 2, and now DAV/DD Form 2765) all with the same DoD ID #.

Not knowing you, you served before the late 1970's/early 1980's and now you're either 100% P&T or TDIU, correct?

Edited by bleggett29

US Army 1992-1998
MOS 12B
B Co 31st En Bn Ft. Leonardwood, MO Oct. 1992 - Jan. 1993 OSUT (Basic/AIT)
C Co 16th En Bn Erlangen, Germany Jan. - Dec. 1993 / Bamberg, Germany Dec. 1993 - Feb. 1995 / Lucky Base, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Aug. - Dec, 1993
19th Repl. Co Ft. Bragg, NC Feb. 1995 - Apr. 1996 R&U
B Co 82nd En Bn Bamberg, Germany Apr. 1996 - May 1998 / Camp McGovern, Brcko, Bosnia Mar. - Nov. 1997 / DMOS 62J Jan. 1997 - May 1998

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Hameslice

it says on ebenefit's we can use our DoD # to logon to ebenfit's  just use your regular user name and  for the password use the DoD #

As I understand it.

I just had to re -do my dang password this Morning.

I never seen this  until this morning...I just used a different ( upper/lower case) %!@#*&(;'' password

e benefits has change up some since I last checked them.... I usually just go to Disability's and it shows the blue circle (100%) thats in-large as you hoover the mouse cursor over it , but this morning  ''Disability's'' was not any where insight.

so to find out what your Disability's are   print off your compensation letter. or benefit's letter , benefits letter will be a letter describe what you are in terms of your military service & S.C. Disability's  and P&T & SMC  the whole 9 yards.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

17 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Hey Hameslice

it says on ebenefit's we can use our DoD # to logon to ebenfit's  just use your regular user name and  for the password use the DoD #

As I understand it.

I just had to re -do my dang password this Morning.

I never seen this  until this morning...I just used a different ( upper/lower case) %!@#*&(;'' password

e benefits has change up some since I last checked them.... I usually just go to Disability's and it shows the blue circle (100%) thats in-large as you hoover the mouse cursor over it , but this morning  ''Disability's'' was not any where insight.

so to find out what your Disability's are   print off your compensation letter. or benefit's letter , benefits letter will be a letter describe what you are in terms of your military service & S.C. Disability's  and P&T & SMC  the whole 9 yards.

Buck,

Mine is still the old way,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ham

I went back into e benefits today 7-30'17 9:00:AM And its back to the old way..they way I can understand them better.

I was trying to find the letters preference but did not find them...they use to be on there b/c I printed off some,  but I was wanting to print off the Eligibility for a house certificate to buy a house after we close on the sale of our existing home.

We sold our Home were in now and it was VA Approved   and had refinanced it a few years ago.

So After closing and we pay this house off.... were going to buy another house  up-grade I guess you could say. I need the eligibility certificate to buy another VA Approved loan.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!